Plesk | Confusion about Plesk Capabilities

Hi,

I’ll try to keep this simple, but that may not be easy, sorry.

I have a Windows 2022 Virtual Server. As part of the subscription I pay for Plesk. I host a number of domains including some for myself.

Within Plesk, I can choose a domain, create a Sitejet website, edit it and publish it, all without issue - Great!

Now I would like to be able to edit that website from another machine (not the server) but I cannot see how to do this. I start to get sucked into the whole “Project Management” / “Customer Portal” experiance and can’t see how to point that system at the existing website. I also end up being offered the “purchase a plan” screen which suggests that I am not logged in correctly as the owner. Or perhaps I’m not entitled to this service “for free”?

Is it even possible to create a website from within Plesk and then edit it from another machine?

I feel as if I’m trying to swim against the tide here … All help very welcome!

Hi @Des_P,

thank you for reaching out with your question :slight_smile:

In Plesk, we have integrated the Sitejet Builder which is the website builder that allows you to easily create and edit your website from within Plesk.

The Project Management and Customer Portal features are not part of the Sitejet Builder for Plesk. Both features are currently only available in our Sitejet Studio (which is not integrated in Plesk at this point).

At the moment, you need to be logged in Plesk to access your website with the Sitejet Builder. So if you want to access it from another machine you will need to log into Plesk there as well.

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Best regards,
Franzi

Hi,

Thanks so much for your fast, clear and concise reply!

Now I can focus on my design without confusion.

Might I suggest that this important separation between the 2 environments be documented more clearly to help prevent confusion for other users?

Oh, and loving the product so far :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @Des_P,

happy to hear that you love the product :raised_hands: …and that the confusion is gone :blush:

Yes, we are currently working on making this distinction clearer and easier to understand from the beginning - thanks for your feedback on this! :slight_smile: