Parked domain not serving content properly

I purchased two domain names from Verpex – the main domain is siconcertband.org, while siconcertband.com is parked and references the same IP and document root. I am building the site using SiteJet on the .org domain.

I have a collection and a page to view it which contains media about the band.

If I go to SICB In The Media - Southern Illinois Concert Band, everything looks fine.
If I go to SICB In The Media - Southern Illinois Concert Band, I don’t see any of the media. There is something there, but it’s not visible. I’ve tried multiple browsers on multiple machines and OS’s.

Both domains resolve to the same IP, so my hosting provider says it’s not their problem. I’m wondering if it’s a SiteJet issue or not.

Any pointers would be helpful.

EDIT: The same thing happens on Performances - Southern Illinois Concert Band and Performances - Southern Illinois Concert Band – that page also has a collection displayed on it.

EDIT PART 2: Never mind – the problem is with the CORS policy setup between the two domains. The .com domain is getting the resources from the .org and isn’t trusted properly.

1 Like

Hey @displaced_city_mouse - Great you found a solution. Are you using Sitejet on Plesk or cPanel?

cPanel is what my hosting service offers.

After digging some more, I went back to the hosting service – they pointed out that the line webcard.apiHost='siconcertband.org/api.php' in index.html needs to be changed to webcard.apiHost=window.location.hostname + '/api.php'. That worked for this problem, but my fear is that as soon as I republish the whole site, it will need to be done again.

Also, another page serving a collection, Performances - Southern Illinois Concert Band, is unaffected by this change, but in addition to the CORS error, it’s throwing a Type Error I need to run down.

Any ideas how to make this setting survive republishing?

1 Like

Hey there,

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, our support is limited to issues directly in the Sitejet Builder when it comes to cPanel. We do not have access to those areas with them.

So their support would be the number one contact for those issues.

But please keep us informed here, as I am quite sure other cPanel users will also be part of this community soon. :slight_smile: