DNS Connect to a Google domain

In this case, what are the nameservers that I should put here.
I need 2 minimum
please help.

Hi! What do you want to do? … to configure the Whitelabel Domain for Sitejet or to Publish a Website on a custom domain.

I think that in both cases, because your domain is external (not bought through Sitejet) you can use the Google Domains default name servers and configure the appropriate DNS records.

For Whitelabel see more info here: Whitelabel - Sitejet Help
For Websites see more info here: Connect to third-party domains - Sitejet Help

1 Like

It is to publish a website, but in the guide that is here: Connect to third-party domains - Sitejet Help

none of these data corresponds to what google domain is requesting.

Hi! Because your domain is external, you need to manage the domain yourself (at least I’m not aware of another way or any Sitejet nameservers).

My suggestion was to use the Google Domains Default nameservers instead of Custom nameservers and then add the DNS records from your screenshot (Sitejet guide).
I think from your initial screenshot, it would be the first option.

I don’t have access to Google Domains, so I can’t tell you exactly where the settings are.
So… I’ve found a video on YouTube showing how to configure the DNS records using the default nameservers on Google Domains

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Great post. Articles that have meaningful and insightful comments are more enjoyable, at least to me. It’s interesting to read what other people thought and how it relates to them or their clients, as their perspective could possibly help you in the future. we also manage business management services for business and finance client.

This works fine for the regular DNS settings. adding the MX records is where the trouble happens. for whatever reason google domains will not allow resolution for mx1.sitejet.io… it just throws an error. Has anyone else been able to add the sitejet MX records in google domains?

1 Like

Hi! I don’t know why this is happening (because I don’t use Google Domains). Maybe someone has some insights to solve this issue.

I went ahead and moved the domain over to sitejet. figured that would be the most ideal way to handle it.

I emailed @Martin about this, and he was not helpful. In the last 6 months it seems like sitejet and google have had problems that sitejet has 1) not told us about or 2) doesnt even realize.

We moved from Site-jet to Google because the domain support has not been great. We are lsoing business because of this error with Site-jet.

Hey @Faithson_Support,

Thank you for reaching out here.

First of all, I would like to clarify that the above-mentioned issues are a bit different from your issues. We understand that this whole domain topic, including DNS and mail, can be frustrating and seem complex - especially when dealing with different providers which can result in many different obstacles.

Our main goal is always to support you as best as possible and assist with the daily challenges. However, it is very important to understand that for natural reasons we have only limited support when it comes to third-party providers. Every provider has their own requirements, handling, and processes. We have already mentioned this in numerous mails over the past few months - trying to assist.

Even here, one part of the solution is to contact the support in charge for their own platform.

Hosters are not obliged to inform everybody when their requirements change. This could always be confusing.

Since you are trying to connect with a third-party tool there are two sides to consider here - Sitejet and Google.

We would like to ask you to keep the discussion fair and constructive. The issues you had in the past months have been of different sorts and reasons.

In your screenshot, it seems that Google seems to have an issue with our mail server format - but as you can see it says Invalid format. Example Priority and mail server

So, what you have to do, instead of just adding our mail server you will also need to add a priority in front so, e.g. 10 mx1.sitehub.io - this should solve your issue.

As you can see, it is simply a different handling for Google than it is with Sitejet hosting. Comparing the settings with other domain settings you already have in Google that work perfect (like one of your main domains) could have also done the trick.

This is why we asked you in the mail to also reach out to the Google support team, so they might help you to solve the issue on their side. Nevertheless, we also forward such topics internally to see if there is something we can do.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Have a great day!
The Sitejet Team

3 Likes

@Franzi , its been a few months and this issue is still not fixed. I emailed step by step instructions to sitejet on what they need to provide to google to make this problem fixed. This is an issue that google does not see Sitejet network as secure, because they need to follow a few steps to be verified by google.

@Faithson_Support we have not received a recent ticket on this issue or an answer to the last ticket. If you like, please open that ticket again by responding to it, so we can see the history on this ticket.