Can the same domain name be used as a website & for whitelabelling customer portal

Apologies for the simple question if the answer is ‘no’ - as that seems to be what i have found, but i just read the end of this thread - Invalid DNS records - which seems to suggest if the domain is moved to sitejet then its possible to move / rebuild my webdesign site on sitejet & have that same domain name for that site itself & the whitelabelling / customer portal & previews etc? Is this correct or do i need to buy another domain for just the whitelabelling? I was hoping to create / use a subdomain but from what i can see it can’t be webdesign.sharetocreate.com. My domain is with namecheap & the draft wordpress site is with ecowebhosting so the nameservers point to them. Many thanks

The answer is simple: Yes. :slight_smile:

You can use the same domain. The whitelabel feature just adds certain subdomains to access the customer portal etc.

1 Like

Thanks @Andre :slight_smile:

Could you advise as to what i need to change in the dns as its coming up with this error message when i try and add the cname mentioned in the whitelabel guide - Whitelabel in Sitejet - Sitejet Help

1 Like

I think this must be because there can only be one * wildcard set? The other asterix is an A name so i was guessing it’s something different, but i added them manually and that worked. Seems to suggest some previews & the newer site manager wont work correctly so will wait to finish the setup and try it out as links sent to client on sitejet urls.

1 Like

Hey there,

This is how the DNS-Records should look for a domain:

Here are the additional ones for the whitelabel:

… and yes: The whitelabel record should be a Wildcard.

Here, you can find some common issues with domains as well. Just looking at your AAAA-Record :wink:

1 Like