Very discreet cookie button solution

A client of mine is asking for a cookie solution like this in the screenshot.
→ A small “cookie” button (fixed on the left bottom) which (on click) opens the cookie confirmation. I think this here is done by WP Pixelmate plugin.

Is this GDPR conform and can something like this be done with Sitejet functionality?

My idea was:
Set the regular cookie bar, but invisible on first sight.
After clicking a button (fixed on the left bottom end) the cookie bar opens visible.
Any thoughts about this and how would I set the cookie bar visible on click on the button?

:de:
Hallo Barbara, also ich denke das ist nicht zulässig, weil durch das Cookie Consent Tool soll ja verhindert werden, dass Daten schon vorher übertragen werden. D.h. der Besucher muss zuerst zustimmen oder ablehnen.

" Der Nutzer muss detailliert über die Dienste informiert werden, die Cookies setzen und Daten übertragen. Er muss ausdrücklich bestätigen, dass er zustimmt, Und ganz wichtig: Vor der Zustimmung des Nutzers dürfen noch keine Daten übertragen werden."

Hoffe das hilft dir weiter :slight_smile:

:uk:
(added by SJ Admin)
Hello Barbara, I think that this is not permissible, because the Cookie Consent Tool is intended to prevent data from being transferred beforehand. I.e. the visitor must first agree or decline.

“The user must be informed in detail about the services that set cookies and transfer data. He must explicitly confirm that he agrees, And very important: Before the consent of the user, no data may be transferred yet.”

Hope this helps you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Barbara,
I agree with Gabi, it is difficult to combine a compliant GDPR treatment with a ‘nearly not visible’ approach… .
Personally I use CookieHub as an external solution both for my website and for some of my clients. It allows (once consent is given) to show the access to cookie-settings as a small icon in the corner of the browser window.
see: CookieHub - Cookie Consent Management Platform (CMP)
Hope this helps,
kind regards
Mark

1 Like

:de:
Hallo Gabi,
das Gleiche habe ich der Kundin auch schon gesagt.
Aber sie ist sehr internetaffin und sieht halt viel.
Der gesetzte Cookie-Banner auf ihrer Website ist ihr zu aufdringlich.

Was mich wundert: die Lösung im Screenshot ist mit Pixelmate Plugin umgesetzt (von Lawlikes, die wissen eigentlich schon, wie sowas konform umgesetzt wird).

Grundsätzlich wird bei Sitejet doch eigentlich auch noch nix übertragen, bevor Cookies akzeptiert (oder eben abgelehnt) werden. Wer auf den kleinen “Cookies”-Banner klicken mag (das werden die wenigsten tun) kann explizit ablehnen oder zustimmen.
Die Frage ist, ob man darauf aktiv hinweisen und diese Zustimmung einholen muss, wenn standardmäßig nichts übertragen wird. Analytics kann man dann ohnehin in die Tonne treten - das ist klar.

Hm! Ich werde ihr das mal so sagen.
Aber hättest Du eine Idee, wie man das umsetzen könnte? Jetzt nur mal interessehalber?

:uk:
(added by SJ Admin)
Hello Gabi,
I have already told the customer the same thing.
But she is very internet-savvy and sees a lot.
The cookie banner set on her website is too intrusive for her.

What surprises me: The solution in the screenshot is implemented with Pixelmate plugin (from Lawlikes, they actually already know how something like this is implemented compliantly).

Basically, Sitejet does not transfer anything before cookies are accepted (or rejected). If you click on the small “Cookies” banner (which most people don’t) you can explicitly reject or accept cookies.
The question is whether you have to actively point this out and obtain this consent if nothing is transferred by default. Analytics can then be kicked in the garbage can anyway - that’s clear.

Hm! I will tell her so.
But would you have an idea how this could be implemented? Now just out of interest?

1 Like

Thank you very much. I’ve checked this out.
But CookieHub offers no option for a minimalistic solution like my client is asking for, right?
I see the point that it is GDPR critical but I want to check out the possible options in order to give my client the most helpful information.

1 Like

That’s correct Barabara, the small icon can only be used after the first session, for users to change their cookie preferences.
kind regards
Mark

1 Like