Same design for buttons in cookie banner

In Germany (EU) the cookie banner buttons must have the same look.
None of the buttons should be more obvious so visitors choose thoughtfully and not because of some highlighted button. In the Sitejet cookie banner the “agree” button is highlighted.
Can you change this in future default settings, please?

2 Likes

Dear Barbara,

That’s really interesting, do you remember where you read that? Because when I surf the German sites on the Internet, I notice that almost every content manager does it differently and almost always ACCEPT is highlighted more clearly than REJECT or SET.

Also interesting is this link:

The DSVGO and its interpretation by the jurisdiction will, I fear, lead to the fact that fewer and fewer medium-sized companies and web designers have the desire to expose themselves to the risk of infringement. The danger that one learns of new judgments too late, or simply overlooks a technical finesse already unsettles quite a few.

If websites can only be created in cooperation with law firms, the entire market will change. Who can blame the customer if he prefers to maintain his Instagram profile or advertise on Facebook?

At the time, we were told that the GDPR was primarily intended to limit the power of the large providers. I haven’t had that impression for a long time.

Greetings

Frank

1 Like

I agree with you that it is getting more and more confusing and frustrating for small business / website owners. And for us webdesigners it is difficult to provide reliable support on this topic.

I read about the “how to design the buttons on cookie banner” topic on different places. But, honestly, researching right now I couldn’t find any law about it.
Here is some information from erecht24: Abmahnung von Cookie Consent Bannern | eRecht24

2 Likes