Potential issue with links highlighting and decoration

Sometimes the text links are not highlighted on hover (even if the design setting is done correctly). Actually links in the body are highlighted on hover, but links in the footer are not highlighted on hover, how can I fix this?

Same thing happens with text decoration: in the design settings for links, the text decoration is set to underline. But when I use links within an HTML element, the links are not underlined. Is this a bug?

Hi! Probably the CSS link selectors for are more specific for the theme, and they are different from the simple a tag selector that you are using in the HTML element.
Just create a new selector to include the styling for the a tag .

If you have a live example with the issue, it would help to better understand it.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hi @Lucian_Dinu, thank you for your reply.

This is the workaround that I did (as you mentioned): I added a custom class and I defined a new selector that includes the desired styling of the a tag.

But, the point that I want to raise is: when defining the design of the links as in the following screenshot, this styling is not taken into consideration in some cases: links in HTML element, links in the footer. What is expected it to have the design styling applied across all the website parts and elements.

msedge_lUwi5jEgn5

Hi @AJ_Joe, I tested it on my test website and it works, seems like something is overwriting the setting.

Hi @Martin
Please note that I started from the “Wireframe One” template and I didn’t overwrite any CSS styling before facing the issue.

I tested it with a new website and the wireframe one template and it works like expected.

@Martin hummm, I don’t have an explanation for now, I guess we have to troubleshoot the problem to identify the overwriting rules. I remember testing a bunch of presets, maybe one of them is overwriting the CSS rules.

Here is the website ID 338966, if you would like to troubleshoot it.

1 Like

Hi @AJ_Joe, could you please double-check if it is working now? Please don’t forget to clear your browser cache.

Hi @Martin, I have tested quickly on the footer, and it looks the same.

Please don’t bother your self, I will recheck all this during the next website update.

Hi @AJ_Joe, http://1e5da1-52c16.preview.sitejet.io/
when I hover the link in the footer e.g. the contact email address:

Hi @Martin, thank you for the preview. This was already the behavior. Have you changed something?

I think I misunderstood something when I set up the design. This would be my fault.
I will give it a deeper look and testing next time.

2 Likes