Menu bugs (sticky + hamburger)

Hi,

I’m having issues with one of my websites menu.

The sticky box is checked but it isn’t sticky and the hamburger on the mobile version doesn’t do anything, meaning, when we click on it, nothing happens. Both on the preview and published website version.

I tried to restart my browser, computer and clean all cookies. The issue still remains.

I’m on Firefox in Linux.

A few days ago, I was working on another website and hadn’t any issue with the menu.

What can I do?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey there @Fanny , welcome to the community!

Would you like to share your preview link with us, please? Let’s have a look :slight_smile:

Many thanks!
Sure, like this link?
https://cms.sitejet.io/267398

1 Like

Hi! Any update on this issue? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Fanny,

you used a header preset with menu and moved it out from the header preset. This menu just work together with the header preset, so I moved it back and it should work now.

1 Like

And it worked. Many thanks, Martin!
I don’t understand what happened or how… but if it worked then all’s good.

2 Likes

No, it’s not working.

I couldn’t style the menu. It didn’t do what was selected in the options.

So I deleted it and replaced it with a new menu. I pay extra attention this time. I only drag the menu preset from the list and put it on the website.

And we have again the same problem.

I don’t want to have this same issue again and again each time I create a new menu.

Could you solve it?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Fanny,

could you please try again? You had several menu presets in your CSS. I delete all of them except the default menu. I tested it and it should finally work now.

FYI: You also have several footer presets in your CSS. Seems like you tested around which one looks better. :slight_smile:

Please let me know when you have the same issues with the footer.

1 Like

Most of it works. Now, there’s only the desktop submenu background: it’s set as white but display as green. Is it because of the previous CSS too?

Oh, now I get it.

I had a similar issue before. As you said, I play around a lot, and am no coder, so I only use the drag and drop. From my POV, when I delete a preset, like the menu, all the CSS that goes with it gets deleted too. But that’s not the case, isn’t it?

Thus, my question: shouldn’t the CSS of a preset, like a menu or footer, I decided not to use get deleted too? Why should it stay?

Again, thanks for your support!

2 Likes

Hi @Fanny,

yes, it is not the case and we have to improve this. It is a very complex issue and not easy to implement. Many presets do not affect each other, this behavior often occurs with the menu. When it happens, you can reach us out and we are happy to help you!

1 Like

I understand. Too bad it is so complex. In the end, it works so, I guess, all’s good.
Many thanks for your help!

2 Likes