Multiple domains per site?

Hi, is it possible to associate 2 domains with one site? I have a couple of domains registered with NameCheap. I’d like to use one for the website and the other for the mail address. Is this possible? If so, how? And also will this count as 1 or 2 of my published websites allotment?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @STEVE_SOLER,

thanks for reaching out with your questions.

Yes, you can add multiple domains to one website, and yes, they can be used differently by selecting the necessary “Usage” option in the domain manager. We have a helpful article on this here: Managing domains in the domain manager - Sitejet Help

You can add multiple domains by accessing the domain manager for a website, clicking on +Domain, follow the instructions provided in the overlay and you are done. Repeat as often as you like and need :slight_smile:

Nope, there are no additional costs for connecting multiple third-party domains.

And here is a help article on how to connect a Namecheap domain with Sitejet: Connect to a Namecheap domain - Sitejet Help

Hope that helps :blush:

Thanks for the reply. But I just want to confirm… if my plan includes 15 hosted websites, doing this will use up 1 or 2 of those hosted website?

Hey @STEVE_SOLER,

when you add multiple domains to one website it will count as one hosted website. A hosted website is a website that has been published.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Perfect! Thank you!

Sorry, another question. I followed the guide on Connect to a Namecheap domain - Sitejet Help and when visiting the site it defaults to the www URL. If I don’t want to use the www with my site, can I just omit the www A records? Also, I’m not sure why, but the instruction here are slightly different: Connect to third-party domains - Sitejet Help

In those instructions, the www was added as a CNAME record and not an A record. Either way I don’t want to use www. Please advise.

Thanks!

@Franzi Can you please answer my last question above?

@STEVE_SOLER, sorry, it seems that the help documentation was not updated for the Namecheap setup. The CNAME is important for when the US servers are launched. Easily said: With the CNAME set up the servers will see where you are working from and store your data at the server closest to your location.

Can you send us a screenshot of your current DNS settings from Namecheap and the website ID (it’s the six-digit number in the URL when opening the CMS) of the project in Sitejet to help@sitejet.io? Thanks

1 Like

@Franzi, Done. :slight_smile: