Non-www domain?

Is there a way to put my website like “company.com” instead “www.company.com”?

If I delete www in subdomain menu I get an error.

Hi @Joaquin_Olivas,

did you try to set up an 301 redirect from www.yourdomain.com to yourdomain.com? Please also check your DNS records, to make sure that the exact opposite does not happen there.

How is it set up?

I tried the next ones:

Captura de Pantalla 2021-12-10 a la(s) 10.22.33

And how should DNS be? I have the same set up from Sitejet

I still can’t find how to do it

@Joaquin_Olivas

Our developers said that Sitejet hosting does not work without a subdomain at the moment, regarding our architectural decisions we made.

Maybe possible workaround: use a shared hosting service that supports the non-www domain and deploy the exported website on it.

Hey there,

Unfortunately, with Sitejet it is not possible to not have a www.your-domain.com … Ultimately, this was an architectural decision. You have to or should commit to one domain, so that you don’t have any
duplicate content under two different domains (your-domain.com and www.your-domain.com) in the net. We decided to use www because it is more common.

Sitejet hosting does not work without a subdomain at the moment.

A redirect unfortunately does not help you at all, because the website is not hosted under your-domain.com, but only under a subdomain.domain.com, respectively www.my-domain

The only workaround possible at the moment would be to export the website and host it somewhere, where the hoster offers that possibility.

Let me know if that helps. :slight_smile:

I hope that it will be done later. Something like a selector that gives you a choice with www or without www (like other platforms already do)

2 Likes

why was www created back in the 90’s?

1 Like