How can I link to a number of PDF files in a collection?

Hello, I am building a kind of detail page for a collection.

This detail page has some images, but also a bunch of PDF data sheets. I thought I could use a gallery to link to the files, but that gives me a strange result. Althoug the button works, I do not know how to change the caption text and the image shows as a broken link.

How can I get the file to show up instead?
I also tried a multi-column with a download icon, for which I set the link to the collection download items, but that did not work at all.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

Hey @Floris_van_Lint - would you be able to share your Website ID and the exact location with me? Happy to check and look for a solution with you.

1 Like

Hello @Andre thanks for your offer to help look for a solution; should I DM you the details?

Simple and plain Website ID here is okay. Or, you start a ticket with us to help@sitejet.io :slight_smile:

Hello @Andre the site ID is 351115 and the location where I am trying to get this to work is in two collections, called Printservice materialen and Printservice technieken, both under 3D printservice. Can you find what we are working on with that?

1 Like

@Floris_van_Lint - would you like to share your workaround / solution for this case here?

1 Like

I shared this issue with Sitejet well over a year ago and they still haven’t fixed it. I’m about to lose a client over this, as I persuaded the client to use Sitejet over WordPress.

Thank you for raising again @Floris_van_Lint , I hope Sitejet pay attention this time as my requests fell on deaf ears…

1 Like

Hello @Andre and @Paul_Towney-Jones

We ended up putting this in a CMS-element instead.
This had two reasons. First, though most items had PDF files to be attached, there are a few exceptions. And having a text “downloads” or similar show up with no files to download looks bad in our opinion. So we created two unpublished proto-items that the client can duplicate. One with downloads inside a CMS element and one without.

Secondly, by putting it inside a CMS element, the client can opt to add a button, youtube embed or similar in the future, which was welcomed by the client.

It does requires a bit more work by the client, as they need to go inside the CMS element and add the required downloads there, but it not that much more work.

1 Like

Yes, currently I have a list of complicated instructions for my client to create a button and link that button to a PDF, but we shouldn’t have to do this. It should be straight-forward to link a collection object to a file in the same manner a label or box is easily linked. I should have just used WordPress as I normally would have in this case, but I went with Sitejet this time on the assumption this feature actually worked.