Google Consent mode

Will Sitejet’s cookie consent work with Google consent mode v2 by March, or do we have to have external solutions for this on all pages?

Hey pal, do you have more information about “Google consent mode v2”?

I just got a message in Google Analytics that this must be fixed to get the best data from ads.

This is what a third-party consent manager says about it

Here is some info about the Google CMP program

I just learned about this yesterday so I try to figure out what to do, and what I have to do both for myself and my clients.

Any update on this? As far as I understand this will be important for all sites in the EU that are doing Google ads.

Hey @Pal_Nikolaisen - I have forwarded this to a developer and we will check if there is anything that we can do.

Hey Pal,

so currently, it seems that what you like to do is non-compliant with what Google wants. So either you do not use the Google tool, or… you remove our Cookie Consent Banner and choose another solution that works with 1984 Google Tools :slight_smile:

Sorry Andre, I didn’t quite understand your answer. Does this mean that you are not planing to integrate this into SiteJet’s Cookie Consent? I have been in contact with three other platforms that I or my clients use in the last week and all of them either have a solution in place or promise to have this in place by the deadline that Google has set.
I had hoped not to have to use a third-party program to get this up on my sitejet websites. :confused:

Hey @Pal_Nikolaisen - currently, there no direct integration of this is planned, but you are free to install a script using the various HTML functions in Sitejet.

I will discuss this further in the team though.

Thanks for your answer Andre, but I think it’s strange that a company like you based in the EU doesn’t feel this is something you need to integrate. I understand that this is not important in relation to the websites functioning, but anyone who wants to market through Google in the EU will receive this message and must find a solution to this. I know you can do this yourself via coding, but all other serious providers have(or building it now) created a system to easily just enter a code from google.
Is SiteJet a dying project since you guys are no longer “on it” when things like this come up?

Hey @Pal_Nikolaisen why is it strange? If you do not use Google, your website is probably more GDPR-compliant than a website, that does use Google.

Is SiteJet a dying project since you guys are no longer “on it” when things like this come up?

Sorry, it is still weird reading something like this after we have just integrated Sitejet into Plesk and cPanel over the past six months for a start and are working on a few more big features for the whole Sitejet family. :slight_smile:

I can assure you were are not “dying” - on the contrary. :heart: And you will have an LFC buddy at Sitejet for much longer, don’t you worry :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

However, I assure you that I will look into it and bring it up again in the team to discuss the situation.

I’m sorry that I might have been a bit harsh, but these are things that we who already use the platform don’t notice or care about.

I understand that this is important in terms of getting more people to start using sitejet. If it hadn’t been for the fact that you at support are world-class, I would have left Sitejet a long time ago.
But I feel you have fallen behind many other platforms that I use myself or that clients use for their websites.

This applies both to the integration of AI (which not everyone else quite gets either) but most of all the website builder. I am not a coder, and I struggle every time I have to make small changes to a finished module. While other website builders I can just edit the page as if you were in Photoshop.

So I hope you will now work on things that we as users will benefit from, and if you make things even easier for us who are not coders, I think this will get you more users.

And Andre, YNWA :heart: