Cookies and Matomo

In the preset for cookies, I can agree and disagree. What happens if I reject them? Is there an action behind it, or is that without effect?
In the privacy policy there is a checkbox for Matomo web analytics. This is without function and I cannot uncheck it. Does the box have any function at all?

1 Like

This is a great question where I struggle with too. I also would like to have a preset or element, where the User can set cookies.

1 Like

I would have a solution as a premium customer of e-Recht24:
“Usercentrics” provides such a tool to select and deselect cookies. The integration actually simple as follows:
“Attention: The following elements must be inserted before all other scripts in the header and must not be loaded asynchronously!”.
The question is how and where I have to insert this? The call works, but without function. Into the global HTML, into the header of the page, or into HTML element? Tried everything…

I can post the 3 lines of code.

<script type="application/javascript" src="https://app.usercentrics.eu/latest/main.js" id="XXXXXXXXX"></script>
<script type="application/javascript" src="https://privacy-proxy.usercentrics.eu/latest/uc-block.bundle.js"></script>
<link rel="preconnect" href="//privacy-proxy.usercentrics.eu">
<link rel="preload" href="//privacy-proxy.usercentrics.eu/latest/uc-block.bundle.js" as="script">
1 Like

Hey there, we do actually work together with two partners regarding extended consent banners.

Have a look here:

and here:

Let me know if that helps! Is there anything else regarding Matomo / Statistics and Cookies you like to know?

1 Like

As I had already written at the beginning, the code was inserted into the Hader over the meta information. The popup also appears - but you can’t click anything with the mouse. On the part of the provider I did it according to instructions - copy three lines of code I manage. Any idea why it does not work would be appreciated. My browser allows scripts and cookies.

1 Like

After it does not work with the provider of the script in my Siteje page, I have to stay with the own presets. But there comes the next question directly.
I want and need to offer the site visitor on each page that he can revoke the consent for cookies. Here I would like to offer a link that calls up the preset of the start page - or a new one. How do I achieve the call of this preset and how do I achieve that it is open on link call - so has all functions?

1 Like

Hi Roland,

as this is a third-party tool, the support here is limited, unfortunately. If you like, we can check if the code has been added correctly in the website builder.

If the tool requires to be added to the header, than it should be added here:

Do you Dev Tools show any error?

Maybe that thread helps to solve the second question? As a workaround?

As already described, I have included the code in the Metatags field. You can see the result on the page

www.vvb-biebrich.de
Maybe an expert can see from the source code what the problem is. It would be a pity not to be able to use this tool, but I can’t imagine that, because many websites work with it.

I will have a look for you tomorrow morning, @Roland_Rossmanek . Did you try this out before on Sitejet? Do you have other third-party scripts active on the website?

1 Like

Not only I tried it in sitejet, but the page is created in sitejet. Project 240810 And I did not add any foreign code or scripts. I also disabled the preset from sitejet before.

3rd Party integrations might work, but again another subscription fee? It should be an preset integrated in sitejet as it is a Must for all Pages in the EU.….only my opinion of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Roland_Rossmanek,

could you please delete all code snippets from Usercentrics that you added to your website and only add the first code you posted is the one that should be added to the meta tag field in Sitejet. Also, please make sure to change the ID “XXXXXXXXX” in this code line to the one you find in your Usercentrics’ admin panel.

<script type="application/javascript" src="https://app.usercentrics.eu/latest/main.js" id="XXXXXXXXX"></script>

Here is the link to Usercentrics’ implementation guide Usercentrics Documentation and a screenshot of the most important part:

Please let me know if this worked :slight_smile:

Hey @Ulf_Siemen, I added your request to our feature request list. At the moment we only offer the native cookie consent solution available as displayed in the CMS. There are also consent management tools that offer free versions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Franzi. It works now. What is different? The integration of the code is the same as before. By your link to the documentation to “usercentrics” I have chosen a different version. This documentation was not available to me so, but via eRecht24 with almost identical content. The versions were missing there. Experts may certainly recognize the difference of the 3 versions. I do not and since it work, I am satisfied. Thanks for the link.

1 Like

Hey @Roland_Rossmanek, the link that we provide in our help article is the same one that I shared here, so I’m not quite sure what the difference is - it might be that eRecht24 presents the information in a different way and with all this information it wasn’t quite clear how to implement it? But I’m super happy to hear that everything is working now :slight_smile:

1 Like