E-Mail only on unpublished site - cost and function

I have a quick question which i couldn’t find an answer to in the FAQ and here on the Forums.

When i have a new Projetc for a customer and am building their website, i add the domain they will be using and i have not hit the publish button as the website should only be on the preview domain until its finished. Until then i have it set to redirect in Cloudflare.

But my customer might already wants to use email on the new Domain, so i set the Domain to Email-Only. Not the two qeustions:

Will email already work when the domain is set to email only even with an unpublished website? and will using email on an unpublished site produce costs (as the website is not on the sitejet-hosting until published)?

If anyone knows these answers or is able to maybe link me to a help article that explains this, i would greatly appreciate it! Thanks you very much in advance!

Cheers,
Mats

Hey Mats,

Thank you for this post.

Is the domain in question registered through us and just pointed to Cloudflare or is the domain hosted somewhere else?

The moment you publish the domain or use the email-only feature, the mentioned costs for a published website apply. The email-only feature is possible without the domain being “published” itself.

The costs also apply if the domain is not with Sitejet but you use the email service, of course.

Hi @Andre,

the Domain is registered somewhere else and has DNS on Cloudflare.

I already thought so much about the mail hosting, but wasn’t sure so i wanted to ask, just to make sure. So when i add a Domain to a Webproject and not publish it and keep the Domain on “Disabled” or “Redirect” no costs apply for hosting, but as soon as i either put it on “E-Mail only” or publish the websites these costs apply, correct?

Also the costs only apply for each webproject, not for each domain, right? So when i have one Website with two Domains on it, i only pay once for the hosting?

Thank you very much for the help!

Cheers,
Mats

Hey there,

Yes, that is correct :slight_smile:

Also the costs only apply for each webproject, not for each domain, right? So when i have one Website with two Domains on it, i only pay once for the hosting?

Yes, that is also correct. However, additional costs apply when you buy a domain through Sitejet or transfer the domain to SJ, of course.

Okay, understood, thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very welcome! Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like