Can you keep sitejet from deleting non-sitejet files in the home directory?

Trying out sitejet builder, but I post photo galleries and use jalbum to upload them. When I change the page in sitejet to link to the gallery and publish, it says “file not found.” Looked in home directory and file was gone. Uploaded the gallery again. Checked on web. All there. Published with sitejet and file was deleted.
Is it possible to keep sitejet from deleting these files?

Hey Stephen,

Which platform are you using? Plesk or cPanel?

cpanel. Still a newbie with this system.

Hey Stephen,

I understand. No worries. Well, the thing is we have no access or knowledge of cPanel servers and the setup. So any question that is related to anything outside the Website Builder, the best address would be the cPanel support. Because as soon as you publish the side, it is moved to your server there.

But please keep us updated on this, maybe there is another user with a similar issue :slight_smile:

Same problem here, but I think is also a problem in sitejet way to work because we must have an option in your CMS to select what files/directory to not be deleted in the directory the website made with sitejet will be published.

I was able to find a workaround for my situation, which is with cPanel sitejet, so may be different. My site is an add on domain, so I drop my extra files in the public_html folder for my main site, then do a hard link to them from sitejet. Not perfect, but it works.

The best way is really to contact cPanel on this matter and raise this as a feature request as well - the more users do this the higher the chances are that the cPanel team finds a great solution.

1 Like