Assign second domain in project to subpage of that same website?!

Dear all!
Dear support team!

The following seemingly simple task turns out to be problematic:

I want to use a subpage of my website as a marketing landingpage and assign a second domain (registered in that same project) to the subpage content.

In other words:
ichwillseinfach.de should simply point to calor-energy.de/ich-wills-einfach

How can this be achieved? Currently all I can do is forward to the index page of the website.

Thank you in advance!

Hey @Victoria_Liss Thanks for your question.

I have checked your redirection in the domain manager and changed it to www.calor-energy.de/ich-wills-einfach/

In your website you had a 301 redirect set up into nowhere. This should work now.

Thank you. But upon visiting www.ichwillseinfach.de, I get an error …

1 Like

Hey @Markus_Warmer and @Victoria_Liss

I am also in contact with Daniel about this issue via our help center.

Just to wrap this up to move forward:

1. It is usually not possible to set up a redirect to a path like domain.com/subpage via the Domain Manager. This is also indicated there.

Strangely, this is working for me on several browsers, and I will consult with others from the team if it works there as well.

1. Setting up those redirects could only be done via the redirect panel in the Website Editor. In your case, the correct method would be to set up the domain http://www.ichwillseinfach.de/ in another website and use the redirect feature there to point to http://www.calor-energy.de/ich-wills-einfach/

2. The workaround from @Martin could also be tested out.

Let me get back to you with any possible news and ideas from others in the team.

Hey @Markus_Warmer and @Victoria_Liss

So, we tried it now from different locations globally and the redirect worked all the time. Maybe this is an issue of browser cache?

Could you please try again with a different browser as well?

Thank you Andre, but when I visit ichwillseinfach.de it only takes me to the homepage of calor-energy.de, not to the desired subpage …

Having to install it as a separate website then, I guess. That does „suck“ a bit because it causes additional subscription costs, even though it’s the same company …

I would hope for a solution to enable domain > /subpage forwarding when the domain is registered in the same project.

Thanxalot
Daniel

Hey @Markus_Warmer,

can you please check it again? Preferably, in incognito mode since redirects are usually cached in the browser.

We added a redirect in the Website Builder because the previous redirect showed https://www.calor-energy.de/ich-wills-einfach/ which has a slash at the end.

It works for me. Let me know if it also works for you :slight_smile:

Unfortunately not … Only ends up at 404.

See screencast:

(Attachment Bildschirmaufnahme 2024-01-23 um 17.38.54.mov is missing)

Hey @Markus_Warmer

since this does not seem to work for all parties, my suggestion would be to choose one of the other solutions. My favorite would be: