Advanced SEO Features

I run SEO campaigns for competitive spaces,

Do you have existing solutions for these features:

• Customisation of robots.txt and htaccess files
    I know you auto-create a sitemap.xml; I want to omit pages from the sitemap.

• adding alt tags

• 301 redirects

• applying canonical
    Again, I know you do this automatically. I am asking about a manual method

• fast migration of blog articles (possibly using an RSS feed).

• add schema

• add href lang tags

• password protect individual pages

4 Likes

Hi! Here are some answers to your questions:

• Customisation of robots.txt and htaccess files
    I know you auto-create a sitemap.xml; I want to omit pages from the sitemap.

Here is how to add the robots.txt: Add a robots.txt file - Sitejet Help
There is no support for .htaccess - you can hide pages from google with this option: SEO with Sitejet - Sitejet Help

• adding alt tags

Yes. Add an Image Element and set the “Alternative text” property

• 301 redirects

Yes. Read more about redirects here: Redirects - Sitejet Help

• applying canonical
    Again, I know you do this automatically. I am asking about a manual method

I’m not aware of a manual option.

• fast migration of blog articles (possibly using an RSS feed).

There is an import CVS option for Collections (Blog is a Collection), read more here: Collections - Sitejet Help

• add schema

There is no built-in schema, you need to add it yourself, read more about this on this thread: Schema.org for Sitejet - #8 by Lucian_Dinu

• add href lang tags

I’m not aware of these href lang tags.

• password protect individual pages

Yes, you can read more here: Password protected pages - Sitejet Help

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

Lucian,

Thank you for such a prompt response :slight_smile:

Can you arrange a feature for manually amending the sitemap.xml?

This is needed to stop users/competitors to find hidden pages such as black-friday deals and ppc landing pages and web form completion pages.

By having these pages in the sitemap.xml, we’re advising crawlers to read these pages.

This is bad for SEO as it wastes Google Crawl budget.

See:

I cancelled my initial sitejet account because it was lacking important security features like DKIM.

After cancelling, I was told DKIM is planned.

I bought another full-stack agency account which I’ve not activated because I’m not sure on time frames for DKIM.
Seeing essential features for SEO missing like the above is eroding confidence to stay on.

I might have to do a second refund again :frowning:

You’ve the power to keep me as a client. Please add this feature and get a timeline for this, DKIM and .htaccess.

2 Likes

The .htaccess isn’t too important. DKIM and then editing sitemap.xml are important in terms of priority.

1 Like

Hi! Excluding pages/items from the sitemap.xml is something that I’ve also requested: Add the possibility to exclude pages/collection item pages from sitemap.xml

Related to DKIM there is also a request for that: I'd like to setup DKIM

I don’t know if or when they will be added to Sitejet, maybe someone from the Sitejet Team @Andre @Martin can add more info about these things.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your help.

2 Likes

Hey there, I will bring the Sitemap topic to our next product meeting to discuss.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Happy new year.

Do you’ve any updates customising the sitemap.xml?

2 Likes

No update yet, @Naz_Haque - we are currently focussing on our big CMS Makeover, but i keep you updated.

1 Like

@Andre any updates on this please.

We’re coming to the end of the year now.

The CMS upgrade is now complete (great work), and I can see you’re taking new suggestions.

It would be lovely to get some closure on these two vital seo tasks which have also had votes over the past 18+months in other threads too:

By all means, reply in those threads.

Thank you

Hey @Naz_Haque - thank you for your input and feedback. Our current focus is to improve and develop more CMS features!

With regard to your request - we do have parts of advanced SEO features already on our roadmap and also discussing more features. The mentioned “excluding of pages and collection items” is on our roadmap. However, there is no ETA yet.

Also, I read from you the RSS feed feature - this is one we are discussing and planning as well.

:handshake::pray: