Whitelabel Help Documentations

What about white label help documentation? it’s not possible to write all the help / documentation for clients from scratch where images are also not white labeled colors / logo / etc so what is gonna be solution for this?

6 Likes

Hey @Ei_Pi

we currently do not offer whitelabled help documentation, but that’s a great feature request! So I added it to our list and moved your request there to allow other users to vote for it.

2 Likes

What’s the update on whitelabel help documentation for clients?

While this can be categorized as “nice to have”, I do believe that the Sitejet team should focus on product development.

P.S. I don’t mind helping my clients on using the Website Editor as it can create more business opportunities in general.

2 Likes

@Lucian_Dinu But i do mind helping each client or teach every feature of builder, i want then to read help documents if they are stuck in anything.

Hi! I guess everybody has their own workflow, that’s ok.
Being an open discussion I’ve just added my input, so that the SJ Team can understand the need for the feature request. In the end, it’s up to the SJ Team to evaluate if this is doable or not.

P.S. The reality is that (based on my experience), most clients don’t want (or have the time) to read a documentation.

You can also create your own little help documentation and feel free to copy and paste our texts.