Website export fails

Have tried multiple times to download website(single page). But the browser(chrome) opens up a message window Preparing to download and after some minutes of blur goes back to the same window. Nothing gets downloaded.
Have tried clearing cache, another browser and multiple times at different times.
Certain classes do not work unless given in the element.
Does not work.

1 Like

I also have this issue, but I can’t hammer down when/why it happens. Sometimes the site will download within a few minutes no problem - sometimes it just never does.

1 Like

Hi! I have similar issues also. I’ve reported this a while back here: Export website function is not always working
That thread, was marked as closed (I thought it was solved) but, it seems that this issue is still present.

3 Likes

I also have this problem. It was confirmed by mail from support. It’s been a few weeks and unfortunately nothing has changed.

I also have these problem with some of my Website. In the past I used this feature as an additional backup (to have an copy on my harddisk).

1 Like

Hi there everybody,

Thank you all for the feedback. Would you please do me a favor and send a ticket with a current case so we can investigate this? I am happy to forward this to our developers.

We would just need the following information:

• Website ID
  • Browser you are trying the export
  • any console error that might occur

If you need a backup quickly, we are happy to provide you with one via mail, of course :blush:

@Lucian_Dinu that is correct. I closed that thread because that particular case was closed. :slight_smile: I will forward this also to the developers. Considering this as a bug for now.

@Ajay_Prabhakar we did send you your export already, is that correct?

Sorry to ask (might be a silly question) but what is the use case for you to export Sitejet websites on a regular basis? I am just curious.

1 Like

Hi Barbara, personally I have the habit of taking an export of any website I make on completion and then once a month of all websites published. This serves as an additional back-up, independently of Sitejet. I also give my clients the possibility to receive this back-up, so that they have something to fall back on in case of abrupt problems with Sitejet of or myself (even if relative value…).
kind regards
Mark

1 Like

I usually do not work with backups as the dynamic content is not included in the backup. Instead, I am copying every website frequently in my own account once in a while.

You can also deploy the website export on your own server and host it there.