Sub Menu - Multi Page Template

Hi,

I’m experimenting with the Wireframe Sidebar Template which it tells me it’s multipage one.

The problem is that the sub-menus don’t seem to auto align and sort themselves out. I’ve stripped it right back to demonstrate this one example below where the ‘ABOUT 1’ is left-aligned AND obscures the SERVICES menu.

I’ve had a look at the tutorial videos but I can’t find anything in reference to this.

I’d also like to left-align the whole menu.

Could someone please let me know how to sort this out before I build the site.

Thanks in advance

Catherine

1 Like

Hey @Catherine would you be able to post us the preview link / six-digit website ID here. Happy to check for you.

Hi Andre,

Sure, here you go Login

Many thanks

Catherine

1 Like

Can you post the preview link?

1 Like

Hopefull you can view this link

https://my.sitejet.io/goto/1997512/76574bc12f23db25aff68705e46e799ae511590cb2b9ccd90481e3afa219f51e/my_website_presentation

1 Like

Hi,

I’m still waiting to hear back about this? Could someone let me know what I need to do to make the menu work?

Many thanks

Catherine

1 Like

Hi Catherine,

sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, we have to investigate this case. I have forwarded this to our developers that work on the templates. Currently, what you like to achieve is only possible with custom code.

If you are able, I highly recommend another template for this case for now.

Hi! I don’t think there is a direct way to do it throught the UI.
You can align the menu + menu items + menu sub-items to the left with a bit of Custom CSS.

(S)CSS code to add in the Asset manager:

//replace this #ed-71789033 ID with your menu ID
#ed-71789033{
    &.ed-menu {
        ul li{
            text-align: left;
            z-index: 5 !important;

}
        //fix for sub-menu 
        .menu-sub{
            z-index: 10 !important; //this will make the sub-menu on top of the menu item
        }       
    }  
}

How to get the Menu ID:

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thank you very much Lucian, this will work well for now. I’ll see what it looks like when I add more pages.

Andre, if this is something the developers can have a look at that would be great.

All the best

Catherine

2 Likes

Hey there,

Lucian gave you a good custom code solution to this matter. Unfortunately, as this is an old template actually designed for not having submenu, we do recommend the custom code solution or another template.