Setting a class

I can set a class then change the css, however, is it possible to set a class then change the panel (css) settings and have it affect other elements with that class? Does it need to be a preset in order for that to work? I am looking for something similar to how Webflow’s styling works.

2 Likes

Hi Jeff!

If I’m understanding correctly - yes!

In each preset, you’ll have a preset class at the bottom of the panel. Whatever you type there appends a new string to the preset base boilerplate, and copies that code to a new version of the preset with your string added on.

E.g. .new-preset-class → .new-preset-class-STRING

Then, whenever you make changes in that preset’s editor panel, all other presets with that same class variation will change accordingly.

I would recommend using SCSS variables and Mixins in SiteJet - I may be wrong, but I’ve noticed that SiteJet, when you add styling to individual elements outside of preset settings, adds styles via ID selectors in CSS - I believe for scaling and performance, using SCSS variables instead of ID styling can save on total CSS and performance, especially now that PageSpeed is about to affect SERP Rankings in Google.

3 Likes