Possibility to add comments in a blog entry

Could you make available this option please it will be very great:

• a comments section in the blog

Thanks

6 Likes

Would you like to give us more ideas on what you expect and would like to have? :slight_smile:

Would you rather have a simple integration with a third-party tool like Disqus or such? Or rather have an implemented comment section with no registration/login etc.

Feel free to post us some more links and websites with ideas.

The more ideas and information we get on this request, the better we can discuss a possible realization.

Looking forward to more ideas.

Thank you @isabelle_calmont for this suggestion.

I have created a feature request ticket for it.

For everyone who wants to support this feature, please comment here with a +1 and let us know if you also have some ideas regarding this topic.

1 Like

Hi Andre,

A solution without a third party will be great, as you told an implemented comment section with no registration/login will be perfect. No need for a registration because nobody will comment and an option to delete the spam messages will be perfect.

Two fields: one for a name and one for the comment plus an option to answer to the comment like here on the forum.

A date could be implemented automatically once the comment is posted.

This feature will help us having more interactions with our public and transform prospects into clients what is the principal purpose of a site.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Thank you Martin

1 Like

Did you have this before on other website builders? Did you use any third-party tools to realize this?

All sites on wordpress propose that natively. Yes my previous site on wordpress has got that option

1 Like

+1

I think Wordpress and Wix are some of the only web builder tools that have native commenting for blogs right now (so I’m excluding membership and community tools that happen to have builders), but it would be great to have this feature. Registration wouldn’t be required, maybe a simple Captcha would do. Some of the Disqus-like tools use a captcha and email validation (or even verification) in order for the comment to post or make it to moderation.

If this is considered, here’s what I’d suggest:

• No registration, but require a name, email, and Captcha.
  • Have conditional logic that each site can set for email. (Vis. Should [all, validated, verified] email be [put in moderation for approval, published])
  • Connect the post count to a field within the default blog collection so that the comment count can be added to the Collection Listing and Single Blog Post Pages.
3 Likes

+1 Was hoping this had been implemented by now, as this request has been going on over a year! Any updates?

2 Likes

Hi @Lisa_Tippette,

not so much. Just 3 votes now.

1 Like

+1
I would like to add a blog to my website.
But this makes sense to me only with a comment function, because without comments it would not be a blog, but only a magazine.

Third-party tools that again cost additional money I do not want to use.

I find the following fields important:
Name:
Mail:
Comment:

If necessary, attention would have to be paid to laws relevant to data protection.
Where the user agrees to the storage of his data for a specific purpose.

Maybe also a function where the user is notified when someone replies to his comment.

Oh and for the host a possibility, the control of comments, by a release.

1 Like

+1 for native commenting option in blog posts.

2 Likes