Do blog entries support comments?

Hi there, I have not built a site with a blog in Sitejet yet but I want to get started soon, I just want to double-check if the collections feature supports visitors’ comments on the blog entries.
I did not see the option. to leave a comment on Sitejet own blog or at the site templates they offer.

Cheers

2 Likes

Hello, there is no option in Sitejet to allow comments on blog posts but you can use third party tool like Disqus to make it happen.

1 Like

That is correct :slight_smile:

Tried out Disqus during a test phase, and it worked fine. How to implement Disqus can be found on their website.

I was looking for the “comment” ability for blogging with SiteJet also. I did check Disqus but felt it was a bit pricey. Anyway, I ran into a multi-purpose tool called POWr(dot)io which has commenting ability also. I tested it just now and it worked nicely with SiteJet. Anyway, other features like pop-up, survey/form, FAQ, etc., are very handy for us, SiteJet users also. I felt I had to come to reply to your post immediately after I found this solution since your post was what triggered me to explore the posiblity of blogging with comments in the first place with SiteJet.

4 Likes

Hi Natapol!

Thanks for sharing, how you implement the hmtl link from power into sitejet?
Im trying to use their embed HTML link, put in Sitejet but not showed up

Am i missing something?

Hey Natapol, thanks for sharing what you have found, I also think Disqus is a bit pricey. I had a quick look at POWr, it looks very powerful, I will have to play around to try the commenting feature.

Cheers

hello,
< div > part of the code goes in HTML element, < script > part of the code in head of HTML

I put the code in the HTML element, and it worked nicely. Did you try again and still have the issue? @jeremy_tanuardy

yes, i dont know in one of my site, the app get cut off, I’ve make sure I’m using the right HTML element

Hi. Does anyone know if there is a way to use Facebook for comments on blog posts? I’ve seen this done on WordPress blogs, but not sure if it’s possible in Sitejet. Thanks!

This really seems outdated to not have comments built into the Site Jet framework. I am hoping the blogging feature comes 100% up to par with most other blogging options out there since nothing seems to drive traffic quite like a powerful, interactive blog. For us writers, authors and content creators/teachers, an easy to use, fully featured built in blog feature is a most, without one it becomes a non-starter for many in this field.

Hey there @James_Dennewitz and @STEVE_SOLER - appreciate your comments on this matter.

I think it is best to raise a feature request about this. Usually, this kind of feature is mostly combined to a full tool behind it to manage profiles (like in WordPress) or to integrate a tool like Facebook into it.

The more input and ideas we get into it, the better we can understand the givens and wishes for this feature. Happy to forward this to the developers, then to check how and if we are able to realize this in the future.

If you like - please add your voice and what you like to see specifically in this feature request.