Need exchange for Using Sitejet as a german freelancer/agency legally backed

Hallo Sitejet Community,

Ich hadere gerade noch damit, Sitejet endlich in mein Business zu integrieren, da mir die rechtlichen und organisatorischen Aspekte noch unklar sind.
Meine Kunden wünschen mehr und mehr einen Rundumservice mit Hosting, CMS und Co. Der Einsatz von Sitejet wäre genau das Richtige für mich und technisch auch gut machbar. Da ich bisher nur als Freelancer im Bereich UX/UI Design und Copywriting unterwegs war und nur statische Websites auf Kundenwebspace geliefert habe , fehlt mir die Erfahrung mit Hostingverträgen und alles rechtliche was dazu gehört.

Gibt es hier jemanden der in Deutschland, für in Deutschland tätige Unternehmen mit Sitejet arbeitet und den ganzen rechtlichen Weg schon gegangen ist und Erfahrungen teilen kann?

Mir geht es vorrangig darum, zu wissen was alles zu tun ist damit ich rechtlich abgesichert bin, welche vertraglichen Pflichten ich gegenüber meinen K unden habe, und wen (Dienstleister) oder was (Tools) ich als Unterstützung bräuchte.
Ich würde bei dir auch eine bezahlte Beratungsstunde buchen.

Ich freue mich über eine Rückmeldung, gerne auch per direkt message.

Viele Grüße
Dirk

Hello Sitejet Community,

I’m still struggling to finally integrate Sitejet into my business because the legal and organizational aspects are still unclear to me.
More and more, my customers want an all-round service with hosting, CMS and Co. Using Sitejet would be just the right thing for me and technically feasible. Since I have only worked as a freelancer in the field of UX/UI design and copywriting and have only delivered static websites to customer webspace, I lack experience with hosting contracts and all the legal stuff that goes with it.

Is there anyone here who works with Sitejet in Germany for companies operating in Germany and has already gone the whole legal way and can share experiences?

For me, it is primarily about knowing what needs to be done so that I am legally secure, what contractual obligations I have towards my customers, and who (service provider) or what (tools) I need for support.
I would also book a paid consultation with you.

I look forward to feedback, also by direct message.

Best regards
Dirk

1 Like

Hey @Dirk_Matthes - thank you also for your mail. Happy to share some information we discuss on this later here too.

Hopefully, some of the community like to assist on this matter?

1 Like

Hi @Andre,
Thank you for your feedback and also for the note in your email that you cannot give any legal advice.

It makes sense to emphasize again: I am not looking for legal advice here in the community (unless there is a lawyer among you), but someone who has already successfully established his “Webdesign + Webhosting mit Sitejet” business in Germany with projects/clients in the German-speaking space are located.

In a previous project, I evaluated and recommended Wix as a solution for a customer because it best met the project requirements and the customer’s small budget. His data protection lawyer then found (when we had already started the project) that Wix was transmitting IP addresses to the USA (I assume when retrieving images from the CDN) and since the Privacy Shield had fallen away, Wix is ​​not data protection compliant anymore (he said). Thus, the risk would be with the customer when using Wix. The lawyer is not responsible for this.

It was obviously an uncomfortable situation for me.

Of course, when I act as a hosting provider (with Sitejet as the technology), I don’t want to get into such a situation. Especially since I can’t influence the technology and don’t want to find an alternative solution.

I am aware that I have to take care of this. So I’m looking for advice on how best to do this. Whatever, the next best step is.
If the first thing to do is to find a lawyer who specializes in this, I would be grateful for a contact. The previous lawyers I asked seem to only work for website operators, since they didn’t want to check in advance, but only afterwards to create a legally clean data protection declaration.

I hope that describes my situation a bit more.

2 Likes

Interested in this discussion too. We are all eager to use sitejet but unsure about the legal part.

1 Like

Hallo Dirk,
ich arbeite mit Sitejet. Wenn du magst, können wir uns gerne mal persönlich austauschen.
Viele Grüße
Barbara

(edited by SJ Admin)
:us: :uk:
Hello Dirk,

I work with Sitejet. If you like, we can exchange ideas in person.

Many greetings
Barbara

2 Likes

Vielen Dank Barbara,

ich melde mich mal direkt bei dir.

Viele Grüße
Dirk

Thanks Barbara,

I will contact you.

Bg
Dirk

Where are you located, Collin?

Hi Andre
Im based in Switzerland. Plan is to get away fom WP and offer all clients sitejet.

2 Likes