My First Website/Portfolio - sa3san.co

Hello,
My name is Sawsan, I’m a 3D Generalist Artist and currently trying to get into Game Production.
https://www.sa3san.co

This is my first website with SiteJet. It is a showcase of my 3D work and games. The most challenging part of the process was creating a gallery with different categories (Filterable Gallery).

Before SiteJet, I used HTML & CSS to code the website, and I tried different platforms. But the results didn’t match my vision until I remembered SiteJet.

I played around with the website and instantly fell in love with it. It took me around 40 hours to finish it. Making it was fun, so I decided to develop websites as a hobby.

If anyone has any advice for a beginner or feedback please feel free to contact me or comment. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Congratulations on your first Sitejet website :slight_smile:

Hey mate,

Exceptional! Very well done! I like the gallery work! Nice work and congratulation on the first website!

That one was set to overflow hidden and showed like this in Chrome. Now it should be fixed. :slight_smile:

• Under /projects I would maybe switch from 3 in a row to 2 in a row or just one. Because now it is 3 in one row and only one aligned left in the second row.

• On the main page I would maybe set a footer after the small gallery or give it a bit of space. It looks like the website end there abruptly. Maybe add the contact form there?

• On /gallery I can see a typo:

• Some of the media you uploaded might be better in the WebP format as the PNG of some are quite big. I saw some loading issues because there are so many loaded at one time.

Apart from that, really lovely! Have you thought about using the same colors etc. also for the CV?

:heart:

Congratulations on your first Sitejet website :slight_smile:

Thank you :upside_down_face: @Martin

Hey mate,
Exceptional! Very well done! I like the gallery work! Nice work and congratulation on the first website!

Thank you @Andre

I took the liberty and adjusted one container for you:
That one was set to overflow hidden and showed like this in Chrome. Now it should be fixed. :slight_smile:

I used Edge to design the website. It looked fine over there, I kind of struggled with containers and responsive elements.

Under /projects I would maybe switch from 3 in a row to 2 in a row or just one. Because now it is 3 in one row and only one aligned left in the second row.

Yea I’m still thinking about how to design the project page. For now I chose ItchIo style 3 rows.

-On the main page I would maybe set a footer after the small gallery or give it a bit of space. It looks like the website end there abruptly. Maybe add the contact form there?
-On /gallery I can see a typo:
-Some of the media you uploaded might be better in the WebP format as the PNG of some are quite big. I saw some loading issues because there are so many loaded at one time.

Good idea, I shall add a call to action. Fixed the typo. Yea I do need to optimize it more.

Apart from that, really lovely! Have you thought about using the same colors etc. also for the CV?

I did use the theme for LinkedIn and Itchio. But for the CV as far as I know recruiters prefer black and white. So they can print it and take notes during the interview.

Thank you for all your help and support André. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hey mate,

Thank you for your feedback. What struggles did you have with containers and the responsiveness? Anything where you need our assistance or clear things up?

In regard to the rows - you are able to set the rows depending on the viewport. For desktop, it could be 2x2 and for mobile it could be 1x4 for example.

Good input on the CV - I actually did not think about it. Thank you for clearing that up. That does indeed make sense! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello André,

I didn’t need any help, I just got confused a bit on how to use it with the templet. As I was just designing blindly without taking into account the size of the containers. I think I need to build a website from scratch to understand how containers work. Regarding positions and Layout Flexbox.

I have not played around with the different views yet, but I did try the 2 column view and it does look better. Also added an about section at the top and CTA at the end of the homepage. Thank you for your suggestions. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

You are very welcome! Looking forward to your next website :slight_smile:

1 Like