Showing portfolio of non-published websites

Hi,
I am starting of as webdesigner/developer and I am developing some example websites to be shown in my own portfolio-website. I thought to integrate these in my site by using the Iframe-element.
I want to avoid though, to publish these example websites (and avoid domain-name registration etc…). Anyone any idea on how to do this in Sitejet?

many thanks,
Mark

1 Like

– to explain it a bit further: I am looking for something comparable to the ‘preview’ option in the Sitejet Templates view.

1 Like

You can use a full screen capture chrome extension to get the jpg image of the site you want to show and add this to your portfolio. You usually don’t link portfolios previews out of your site. Not good for seo

1 Like

Hi! I think there are 2 options:

1. Export the website (if you don’t use the collections) and host them elsewhere
  2. Use the Preview link

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks for your help! @Lucian_Dinu @Jean_Pierre_Michael

1 Like

Hey brother! Can you explain why that principle is not good for seo?

@Mark_Fosseprez the sites are “live” on the preview link - if you’re ok with the “preview.sitejet.io” link, why not just use that as the “live” site?

Because follow links that takes you out of the site you are visiting is a risk of people continuing elsewhere. And because Images with good alt description of your work on « your site » is better for google to explain what this is about. If it’s only links, seo is not clear anymore.

1 Like

@zachary @Jean_Pierre_Michael , thanks for your replies. I wanted indeed to use a link to the preview, but used the ‘preview’ in the CMS instead of the preview website (it works fine now with the link to the preview website - thanks Zachary). As far as SEO-impact is concerned, I think I will use for each project to show an image of the home page (will take a print screen of the ‘presentation mode’ and than make the link to the preview website. So I can add alt text as desired on the image. Anyway, thanks for your help!

Good idea, you might also open the link with an overlay of the image

1 Like

Ah thank you, I was wondering if that actually negatively affected your SERP score

sounds like a great plan @Mark_Fosseprez ! Can’t wait to see!