Multilanguage with Collections

Hi Sitejetters. I’m figuring out what would be the best way to integrate cms collections for mulilanguage. So i have a collection with bath tubs. Say I have 5 fields: description, short description, image1, image2, image3. Only the description and short description should be multi language. The title, slug and images are the same for every language. But it will give an error on the title if i would add an englisch and dutch record to the collection with the s title will be the same.
So what would be the best option?
1: use description fields per language in the same collection item and only show the ‘english’ fields on the english item page and the dutch fields on the dutch item page. Is that possible?
2: use a collection per language and add the same images to each collection?

Anyone having a ‘best practice’ on this?
Thanks!

1. I think this is not possible (but haven’t tried it).

2. This would work and I wonder if it is possible to build one collection and then copy it and change the things which need to be on another language.

Ik think it will be filling the first one → export data → create second collection → import data

Hey @Arthur_van_Veen - best practice in my opinion is to do a collection for each language. However, in your particular case, it would make sense to make one and just adjust the two fields that separate language one from language two.

So in your case the first suggestion would probably work the best!

Thanks Andre. I tried with export/import and worked fine! I think i stick to 1 collection per language because a third or more language wil be added too in the future. The filter will be on two ‘option’ fields depending on product type and product name

1 Like

During redesign i bumped into another issue:

• two languages EN and NL.

• two collections “collectionEN” and “collectionNL” with their own items

• in the “EN listpage” you an add collection container and bind to “collectionEN”

• in the “NL listpage” you can add collection container and bind to “collectionNL”

• both “collectionEN” and “collectionEN” have a ‘collection template page’

• when adding a button with link to current collection item in the ENlistpage to open the EN collection page it works ok. the url is “example.com/EN/collectionEN/EN-item

• problem: when adding a button with link to current collection item in the NLlistpage to open the NL collection page it is showing the url “example.com/EN/collectionNL/NL-item”. But it should be “example.com/NL/collectionNL/NL-item”. When opening the collection-item-template it is also giving an error that it can’t find the corresponding template while it has multi language pages.

The issue is already addressed and the team and Martin is looking into it, but I wonder if somebody else has also had this issue or solved it somehow. Adding a /nl/ to the collection URL slug is not working. It will become /en/nl/.
In fact the main question is how i can duplicate the ‘collection item template page’ to the corresponding language