Google Authenticator / Google 2-Step Verification

I quote (c/p from Google - but more or less that’s it: …2-Step Verification can help keep bad guys out, even if they have your password.
Lets us sleep more peacefully from a double-digit number of projects on Sitejet.

4 Likes

Hey @Jean_Baptiste,

if you are looking for to secure your Sitejet account with Google’s 2FA, please check out this help article: Two-factor authentication (2FA) - Sitejet Help

Hope that helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Franzi, I hear your. However, this does not let me sleep better, because it is still possible to log in with email address and password and thus without authentication. And this is exactly what should be prevented. Email address/password/Google Authentificator is the perfect solution.

1 Like

I’ve edit the title of the thread, cause it was some kind of misleading…

1 Like

@Jean_Baptiste maybe I don’t quite get this right, but just to be sure (:smiley: ), we do offer the possibility to use Google 2-Step Verification with Sitejet:

If this is what you were looking for then feel free to use the help link: Two-factor authentication (2FA) - Sitejet Help

If not than I can tell you that we already have a native 2FA on our roadmap :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Native 2FA sounds good. Exactly what we are looking for. Q3, Q4?

2 Likes

hoping its ok to add to this thread because it is a google auth issue. (can also make a new thread if you like). After completing my whitelabel stuff and the site finally resolving, I try to go to partner.mywebsiteurl.com and it has the button for google auth. I click it and I get this response. Is there something I missed in the DNS settings? I would think if there was then it should have not whitelabeled at all>

Authorization Error
Error 400: redirect_uri_mismatch
You can’t sign in to this app because it doesn’t comply with Google’s OAuth 2.0 policy. \n\nIf you’re the app developer, register the redirect URI in the Google Cloud Console.
Learn more
Request Details
redirect_uri=mywebsiteurl.com

Bump! Any news about native 2FA (roadmap Jun’21)?