[FIXED] OG Image not populating on social media

Hi all!

A client is reporting that when sharing their blog articles built in Sitejet, the OG image is not populating in their social media previews.

According to this Sitejet help article, the “image” field in the collection should automatically populate the “og:image” preview, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Here is a screenshot my client sent me:

Please let me know what I should be doing in order to get the preview image to appear properly.

Thank you,
Shaina

1 Like

For reference, the site is Blog - Nova Space Inc

Hey Shaina,

I also have this issue with other websites not designed with Sitejet - this has been an issue of the platform itself sometimes.

However, could you try this tool for an article and try to post it afterwards? Seems like the issue displayed is on Twitter:

https://cards-dev.twitter.com/validator

If that does not work, we need to have a look into your collection :slight_smile:

@Andre

Thank you for sharing the validator tool. Unfortunately, it looks like none of the blog posts I tried which are hosted by Sitejet are displaying properly. When I use the tool on blog articles not hosted by Sitejet, there is no problem.

Articles from blogs not hosted by Sitejet:

Articles hosted by Sitejet (on different domains):

Please let me know how we can fix this.

Could you provide me with the Website ID? Happy to check that for you!

Here is the ID for this project, although like I mentioned, this seems to be an issue with all of the Sitejet projects I’ve tested: 335230

Hey there, so I tested this on Facebook and Twitter.

This is Facebook:

So that works fine and shows that the pictures are working fine. Usually, I needed to use the Facebook Debugger for displaying the articles correctly.

Twitter would be this:

But with the blog, I see the same issue. I will check this with a developer. However, the Facebook test shows me, that actually the settings are correct to my understanding.

However, I have found an article that might be interesting. Did you try this out?

Hi @Andre

Thank you for sharing that resource. I’ll check it out.

I see what you mean; it seems to be working properly on Facebook but not Twitter. I was thinking it might just be a Twitter issue, but when sharing other blog articles from non-Sitejet websites, there’s no problem with the Twitter preview. So the problem must be with something Sitejet’s system does for Facebook but not for Twitter.

In any case, I’m hopeful one of your developers will be able to figure out why it isn’t working.

Thank you for your help!
Shaina

1 Like

Yes, we just opened a ticket about this yesterday. Seems like the og:image is set correctly, but the image url is “relative”… it could be that this might cause the issue.

We will work on that and hopefully will be able to solve this soon! Will give you an update here.
Great find! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Shaina_Nacion - this issue seems to be fixed by our developers. Could you please have a look?

Looks like it’s working properly on Twitter now! Thank you!

1 Like