DKIM and Error and how to resolve

Gmail recently changed their spam settings and as such if you do not set up DKIM you get an error message like the one below. How do we add this DKIM setting for the domain name?

See the error below,

host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[142.250.27.27]
said: 550-5.7.26 This mail is unauthenticated, which poses a security risk
to the 550-5.7.26 sender and Gmail users, and has been blocked. The sender
must 550-5.7.26 authenticate with at least one of SPF or DKIM. For this
message, 550-5.7.26 DKIM checks did not pass and SPF check for
[avamedia.co.uk] did not 550-5.7.26 pass with ip: [78.46.95.120]. The
sender should visit 550-5.7.26
Prevent mail to Gmail users from being blocked or sent to spam - Gmail Help for 550 5.7.26
instructions on setting up authentication.
d7-20020aa7d687000000b00515406c4e1csi1666440edr.439 - gsmtp (in reply to
end of DATA command)

Hey Jamie,

have you set an SPF record for that specific mail address?

Do you have an article or information on DKIM from Google?

Hello Andre,

How do I do that within sitejet? Set the SPF record. The domain was registered via sitejet. So I assumed this would be automatically configured.

Its going to mean every sitejet client is going to get bounce back from emails if you do not set it as per the following.

We have sites we selfhost elsewhere and how we have been getting around this for sometime is setting a DKIM for the domain… it could be anything i.e s1 as the selector and the mails never bounce back.

But this could be a major issue for sitejet users and domains if we do not manage to find a resolution, as it effectively means you cant send any emails to any gmail or google email customers.

I found it and the SPF record is already set for this domain. The only thing I can suggest is try any account and send an email to a gmail and it will bounce.

Google offers DKIM or SPF - therefore, SPF should be fine. If there will be a major change from one of the biggest companies that forces us to adjust as well, we will of course consider it :slight_smile:

This SPF needs adjustment - would you be able to do so as explained here?

Let me know if that works.

Andre,

Just to confirm we add v=spf1 a:mx1.sitehub.io a:mx2.sitehub.io mx -all?

Yes, please :slight_smile:

Hi Andre,

I have added it but then confirmed with an SPF checker and its still not working… where have I gone wrong, can you look at this ASAP. As client not happy.

Hey @jamie - of course. Could you let me know the website ID, please?

Website id: 231273

Hey Jamie, I did a testrun with a testmail under that account. I send it to two different Gmail addresses with different filters. It took less than 2 minutes for them to arrive. No error message.

From our side it worked.

Could you please check again with the mail address of the client?

Any solution on this? Every google cleint we have that we use SiteJet Domians for this happens. We keep having the issue. The only fix, that I have found is moving the domain away from SiteJet.

@Faithson_Support a little search here might help. We have posted a solution on this matter and one of your colleagues has also been informed about this weeks ago:

This is a general issue, not a “Sitejet”-issue. A lot of providers have this issue because Google has just done what they wanted and caused issues for a lot of competitors.

If you have a specific case, where you like us to look into the settings, please send us a ticket for this sensible matter.

Again, same issue. I told you about this all over a year ago.

Dear @Faithson_Support - I have checked our documentation, and we can not find any indication that this error has been reported from you and not been resolved by us.

You have also not responded to our comments about this. An issue can not be solved, when its not worked on.

We have provided you with solutions already and have asked you to provide us with more information via email (as there might be sensitive information to be shared) and we are still waiting on this.

Feel free to send us a full report on your specific issue with website ID, error messages, the error description and screenshots of the necessary settings and of course, we are able to assist you with any issue that we are able to help with.

We would like to ask you to refrain from any more uncorroborated allegations. Thank you.