Button link to a section (preset) from another page

Hi again!

How to create a link on a button to bring to a section of another page? I can make a link to a section (preset) on the same page or a link to a another page but how to do when I want that the button brings me to a particular section from another page?

Thanks.

2 Likes

If Iā€™m understanding correctlyā€¦

You can add an ID to the container youā€™re trying to snap down to, i.e. ā€œ#exampleā€

Then, just make the link external and put:

/your-page-here#example

1 Like

Thanks. I have tried this and use the number of the ID (for example ed.12345) but it doesnā€™t work. Do I need to change the number in the ID field and put a name? It is strangeā€¦it should works with the ID numberā€¦

1 Like

I would make your own ID in a container - but maybe something has changed internally and this doesnā€™t work. I can check here soon after my meeting!

1 Like

Hey @isabelle_calmont :slight_smile:

I already send you a screencast via mail, but Iā€™m gonna share it here as well: Awesome Screenshot. No audio, but I hope itā€™s clear that you can select the element/section you want to link by using the ā€œpickerā€ to select the element you want to link to. We will create a help resources video for this shortly - with audio :smiley:

Hope that helps and let me know if there is anything else we can help you with :upside_down_face:

Thank you Franzi but I think that my message was not clear.
I want to add to the button that is on the portfolio page a link to the contact section that is on the home page. What youā€™ve explained to me is to put a link on a button that brings you to a section on the same page (in your case the home page).

Ah sorry for the misunderstanding! But the good news is: the same rules apply for linking the button to the contact section:

1. Double-click on the button to open the element settings on the right
  2. Click on ā€œLinkā€
  3. Select ā€œElementā€
  4. Either enter the element ID directly or use the ā€œpickerā€ and scroll down to the contact section and click on ā€œContactā€.

Hope that helps (and I hope I understand you correctly this time - sorry again! :see_no_evil:)

1 Like

I am so sorry because I understand that i need to make more efforts in enflish (i am french)ā€¦
My problem is to create a link fir something that it is not on the same page.
For example i have 3 pages:

• Home with a preset for contacting the owner of the site
  • Portfolio
  • Legal notice
    I have added a button in the portfolio page in order for client to contact the owner by using the present in the home page and not in the portfolio page.
    So i want to create a link on the button that is on the portfolio page to the preset that will be use to contact the owner that is on other page: the home one.

I wilk make a screencast for you in max two hoursā€¦it will be cleareršŸ™ƒ

2 Likes

:tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:i have finally found the solution. The page where is the contact form is the home page so no need to write something like /name-of-the-page#ID but only /#ID. Simple as that!

Thanks a lot to Franzi and Zack for their patience and their sincere winllingness for helping me. I know now what to do!
:pray:t4:

4 Likes

Perfect!! Happy to hear that! :star_struck: :muscle:

Yay!!! #alwaysimproving