Best Calendar Integration

Hi everyone,

I have a client that owns an apartment complex. They have a community venue area where people can do birthday parties etc. Does anyone have an opinion on a great calendar solution for sitejet? They need to allow users to put their events on the calendar to ensure the area isn’t too busy. Any input/opinions you have would be great. Thanks.

3 Likes

Hey @David_Harris !

Have you looked at https://calendly.com/features? Or acuity.com?

We normally use these as a booking tool for client schedules - however, I bet your client could set it up as a “Community Venue Schedule”.

Users can select times and book them for free, and the calendar automatically gets updated and that “slot” removed. That can be put on a page on the site - users can also create Acuity/Calendly accounts so they can add/remove booked events.

Tons of variable options for the events inside the dashboards of the apps.

Here’s another one I just found that explicitly says “Users can Create/Suggest Events”: Free Online Calendar for Webmaster, School, Family, Churches | localendar

1 Like

Hi @zachary

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about calendly but didnt know if I could get it to display the full monthly calendar so everyone could see the events that were already scheduled.

1 Like

Hmmm…

Yeah, we want to avoid the “auto-remove” feature, rather show who booked it.

Maybe check out that Webmaster/School/Church calendar? I didn’t dig too far into it

EDIT: hey check this out, it may be what you need: SignUp Sheets and Volunteer Calendars | SignUp.com

1 Like

Also Google Calendar can be embedded into your website, showing a full month of events. You can create a snippet for the calendar as described in this post and add it to your website as a HTML element.

2 Likes

I really liked the google calendar integration. I think I plan on going with that. They wanted something super simple and didn’t really want to go with another platform. Thanks.

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware that Google Calendar let users publish events publicly - that’s amazing! Thanks @David_Harris for the question and @AndyG for the solution!

2 Likes

Take a look at this. It might help. I didn’t test it yet in sitejet but it’s a nice tool.

4 Likes

You can also use this, actually on LTD on appsumo. It works great

1 Like

Oh thanks @Jean_Pierre_Michael !

I missed that AppSumo deal!

2 Likes