Yoga Template - Very slow site via GTMetrix

Hey SiteJetters

I’ve launched a new website for a client, using the Yoga template and stripped out most of the effects that was causing some issues in Safari, however it’s still slow to load even in Chrome, and GTMetrix gives the site a big, fat F.

It seems to be due to the javascript from ‘menu V2’ - any idea how to improve this?

Hi Luke,

I don’t have an answer to your problem, but here is what I have noticed. It seems like every speed test platform indicates that there is a lot of unused javascript on the websites. I assume this is because of webpack and all of the third-party resources that have to be loaded for the sitejet platform. I do not think there is anything you can do about that at this time. Another thing I noticed is that the cdn isn’t very stable. The other night my site got a 94 on mobile and tonight it is only getting a 73 because my images are taking a while to load. Also static assets are not cached properly so that can cause some slowness as well. Also make sure you are running your speed checks in incognito in google chrome because your browser extensions can have an impact on load speed.

My websites all use the menu V2 and I haven’t personally had any issues with it. When optimizing my sites, I focus on the stuff I can change. I start by removing any unused CSS then I take a look at the javascript and remove anything not needed there. Next, I focus on images, which can have a huge impact. Size your images correctly, compress them, and then convert them to a modern format like webp. Normally doing all that gets my sites into the 90s for google pageSpeed insights.

I hope this helps. I will be following this to see if anyone else has any information for optimizing sites.

2 Likes

Hi! I’ve done a test also with the Yoga template.
I’ve removed the blur effect from the main 2 bubbles (on the top)…and now I’m getting a Grade A.
See results here.

The test website: http://1ed24f-55873.preview.sitejet.io/

I’m not able to get a lower score … so I can’t reproduce your issue.

The unused JS hint was discussed here: Unused javascript / CSS (google pagespeed)

This Template, in particular, is heavy on images… and you can see this in the page details section

So… I think the main thing you can do in order to optimize the loading time is to reduce (the size or the no. of images) or try to delay them by making sure that all the images below the fold line have the Lazyload option active.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes