Where's the password form element?

I find it odd that there is no password element under ELEMENTS/FORMS …?

Why would that be? I export the code and just change type=“text” to type=“password” but this seems to be an obvious thing to have in the editor, no?

Hey there @David_Stoltz - what exactly are you looking for?

We actually do have a password possibility for subpages. Have a look here: Password protected pages - Sitejet Help

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks Andre for the response -

I’m not really looking for the CMS password protection…I export my sites to use on my own hosting…what I am referring to is this -

if you manually add a form with some elements, you can add an “input” element, but not a password element - unless I’m totally missing something. So what I have to do now is just add a text input element (for the password box) and after I export the code, manually change the input type to password - does this make sense? (ie. type=“password”)

1 Like

Hi! Currently, there is no Password form field Element available.
I think this is because the main use case for Forms in Sitejet was to collect input from website visitors, something like a “contact form”.

All these Forms are automatically recognized by Sitejet and the submissions (entries) are made available in the Client Portal. Right now there is no option to turn this off for specific forms to enable other use cases like “login/register forms” (I think this is what you are trying to achieve).

So, I think there are 2+ options:

• Use the forms as they are and change the input field type after export
  • Use the HTML Element and create a custom form
  • Open a Feature request to extend the current form functionality.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Yes - you understand the issue, and your 1st option is how I was handling it. Thank you for the other suggestions.

1 Like