This platform is rough

Is it just me, or is this platform REALLY HARD TO USE? Not really a Drag and Drop platform huh? I know there are a few folks on here who have put some awesome sites together, but how!

Howzit, AJ.
You well? Greetings here from South Africa! :raising_hand_man:

I take interest in your question, because I’ve been investigating all aspects of this site builder for the past two months or so. I noticed Sitejet in cPanel, and thought I’d give it a try, and here is my verdict:

Not hard to use, but hard to get used to. This is simply because it’s different. The same goes if you switch from Android to iOS - it takes time to learn how it works, not if it works. But to answer your question more directly: it’s hard to customize if you’re not familiar with Sitejet’s css classes, and how their css puts everything together. There is A LOT of css going on in the background, which is necessary to serve all elements and presets correctly.
This is (I think) why they made so many beautiful templates to use which needs no customization, just a change of content.

Definitely drag & drop… unless you want to make heavy customizations, but to be fair: the same goes for any other web builder, no?

Just take some time and learn how it works. Soon, you’ll see that it’s awesome, and you’ll start to reap the benefits. There is a plethora of tutorials online, and you can always ask here if you get stuck with something specific.

To me, Sitejet is perfect.
I’m super excited to finish my first webpage, and I’ll post it here in the showroom as soon as I’m done.
votay-clap

5 Likes

:blue_heart: Could not have said it better.

1 Like

Hi Aj!
Any platform - if it offers advanced features not just simple choose template and then click here and there - has its learning curve. I - coming from Sitejet - tried out Duda recently and had some struggles the other way round. So I think this is pretty normal.

Nevertheless, I know what you mean.
It could be much easier to learn and understand the platform (AND get perfect results much quicker!) if there were video tutorials on all the important things (using the current UI).
Unfortunatelly, the team doesn’t seem to be aware of the fact that even experienced webdesigners struggle when starting with Sitejet and need some more initial support.
Other then posting their problems here in the community (or helpdesk).

@Andre Would you mind to discuss this in the support team?

2 Likes

I would like to offer you the same option to teach you Duda as you offered me for SiteJet :grin::grin:. We are actually Duda Experts Agency partners. So if you feel you ever need to dabble there again, let me know lol.

1 Like

@Andre Sorry, I missed this comment of yours. Yes sure, I would be happy to discuss this.
I also started a small like “mastermind” group of German Sitejetters who would probably love to join a call like this as well. We are supporting each other when having problems with Sitejet.
Please text me via email so that I won’t miss it again :wink:

Hey @Barbara_Bichler

Please text me via email so that I won’t miss it again

I am happy to answer you here, when you are writing here and answer you via a ticket when you open one.

I also started a small like “mastermind” group of German Sitejetters. We are supporting each other when having problems with Sitejet.

I pushed for this community to be designed and active so that exactly this is possible here. Sitejetters helping other Sitejetter. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the team doesn’t seem to be aware of the fact that even experienced webdesigners struggle when starting with Sitejet and need some more initial support.

That is another reason for this community. Aside from that, we did post a few tutorials that have recently been published. I reckon you have not seen those? :smiling_face_with_tear:

I am a bit confused, since I am quite sure we had this discussion before. We are fully aware of the feedback we get from new Sitejetter and therefore started this community and improved the knowledgebase, as well as widened our support here and on the tickets.

And while this might not have helped everyone, it did help and improve the situation for a lot of Sitejetters already. That is the feedback we got so far. We do have these discussions about new tutorials of course and it is surely our plan to provide more to make it easier for absolute newbies to get started. The platform did improve a lot over the years with new design and new features so that our old tutorials are surely outdated.

However, and I can not stress this enough, with new articles and tutorials, we will probably focus more on the features inside the Website Builder rather than providing a full “start from scratch” basic knowledge on Webdesign and in general usign content and edit it to your needs.

That said, we always love to help and support. And if someone in this community loves to do an expert seminar for other Sitejetters, we are surely happy to push it here and connect.