The URL of the blog posts

Hello,

I want to change the URL of my posts in the blog section.

Do not want this : example.com/blog-post/title but i want something like that: example.com/title/ or maybe something like that example.com/whatiwant/title

Is it possible?

Thank you.

1 Like

Manage items > Fields > URL

1 Like

Hello Joaquin,

Thanks for your reply. I have done that in fact. It changed nothing. Maybe it is because I have not published my site yet. Not sure…

Hey @isabelle_calmont - you would still see a change with the preview link. Could you please check that?

If that does not work, let me know the Website ID and which URL you like to choose and I will cross check for you.

Hello André,

I have tested again and no change. I have changed the name of the URL or I have leaved it without anything (no words) : nothing changed.

I would ideally have an url without anything. For example mysite.com/nameoftheblogpost

By advance, thanks for your help.

Hey there @isabelle_calmont

First, collection entries will always be displayed with a slug after your domain like this:

http://example.com/collection-name/title The moment you set up a collection, this is generated.

Currently, you have a subpage that is named /blog - therefore, it is not possible to name the collection “blog” because then you would have two pages with the name “blog”.

A good workaround would be to name your blog collection, for example /ausare-blog or rename the page /blog to something else like /ausare-blog .

It should still be possible to give menu item the name “blog” though. That could be a nice workaround.

Let me know if that helps.

Hello André,

Thank you for your explanation. I will think about the right name to use but for now I will leave it like it is since I have understood the fact that there will necessary have a text after the domain name regarding the name of the collection.

Thanks again.

Isabelle

1 Like