Solo-Plan Light Version | Minimized dashboard

Sitejet always comes with the agency dashboard in the backend.
Even if a client books the Solo Plan and gets his/her website which has been built by a webdesigner transferred to their own account.

Please keep in mind not every webdesigner has the vision of being an agency with the need of managing/charging subscriptions. So I personally would really appreciate the option of a Solo-Plan without all the agency functionality in the backend.

Solo-Plan “perfect for solopreneurs” is your own description. But really?

4 Likes

Hey @Barbara_Bichler which specific features would you like to have made invisible or cut off to slim down the Solo plan?

1 Like

@Andre
For solopreneurs/website owners the dashboard should be really simple and without all the “agency workflow stuff”:

First screenshot is the dashboard of a client of mine who has decided to have his own Sitejet account. This is how I prefer to work as well, becaues I don’t want to deal with the subscription admin things anymore.
But now my client has a lot of “agency stuff” which is confusing him and causes a lot of questions.
The only important thing for him - his own website project - is sticked to the very right buttom.
Would be better to have just a row showing his project (or projects, if he has more than one website).

He doesn’t need all the different status levels.
Or maybe just two in case he is working on another website.

All the agency/team/workflow stuff is confusing for “normal” clients who are not web designers. He should not see to does, templates, statistics etc.

Happy to help with more feedback if needed/wanted.
Also in person in a Zoom call etc.

3 Likes

Hey @Barbara_Bichler

Thanks for your feedback. We will add this suggestion in general to your feature request board and will discuss it in our next product meetings. It is really great to see those kinds of ideas.

However, I like to go into detail with a few points you mention. Sitejet Studio is aimed at a variety of users from solo entrepreneurs to agencies as well as to users that love to set up their own website easily. Therefore, the Project Manager is actually designed as it is… a few features like “Templates” are not part of the initial view.

You are able to set certain filters in the Kanban view, change the view completely, and even choose which status you like to have displayed. Of course, there are limitations on what and how to display, but there are a few tweaks that you can do to make it look more to your needs.

Some examples:

Maybe this helps, to make it more convenient for your clients, that choose to not go the easy way and let the websites in your account.

Aside from that, there are indeed a lot of things that we did improve in Sitejet over the past years and a lot more that we are aiming for this year as well. Currently, our focus for the standalone version is to improve the features inside the website builder.

But, with your input, we already have a good idea about possible improvements of the Project Manager in the future.

Hope this helps as a classification.

Thanks for your reply and taking my input into consideration.

Changing the view to “rows” instead of columns helps a bit .
It looks better to just find the client’s website/s in rows - without showing the available stati).
At least 4 stati can not be changed (Vorbereitung, Erstellung, Fertig etc.)

What I find difficult is that “solo plan clients” (website owners, NO webdesigners or agencies) see the ticket/to-dos sidebar and templates tab on top of the screen. My clients say this is confusing to them.

1 Like

Hey Barbara,

Thank you! Yes, those mentioned status are the minimum that every website has to run through. Good point with the To-Dos. I will note it down in the dev ticket.

Thank you, @Barbara_Bichler for this suggestion.

For everyone who wants to support this feature, please comment here with a +1 and let us know if you also have some ideas regarding this topic.