[RELEASED] Optimize SPAM protection for mail.sitehub.io / Encrypt displayed e-mail addresses

Dear SiteJet Team!

SPAM is an ever-growing pain in the afternoon and I have been asked by different clients if there is any way I can reduce the load of SPAM that comes in via their e-mail addresses.

So to address that issue: Can you somehow improve the SPAM filter for mail.sitehub.io?

Or can you encrypt the email-addresses displayed on site as a standard precaution?

It would be much appreciated!

Cheers from Hamburg, Germany,
Daniel

1 Like

Hey @Daniel_Kaesmacher - I literally just published an article about that issue :joy: Seriously, just a few minutes ago… haha!

That’s good to know as food for clients. Thanks!

How about encryption for emails in source code? Is there anything solid that could be implemented?

1 Like

I actually do not know about this - would you have a good article to read? Happy to bring this into the next product meeting. Might be interesting for the upcoming roadmap for 2023.

THX!

I was thinking about something like this (not knowing if that’s stop the state-of-the-art SPAM crawler):

http://www.golivecentral.com/pages/txttut/scramble.shtml

1 Like

We created a developer ticket for this. Nice request. :slight_smile: Everybody is able to vote on this feature now as well! Get in! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is interesting! Didn’t know the filter functionality by now. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey Barbara, did you see this update in the knowledge base?

Now I did. Thank you :wink:

1 Like