Plesk | Error 404 in page with password

Hi to all, im use for a few months sitejet in plesk, and i want to make a page with password, but when i publish this pages show me 404 error, i don’t see how i can resolve.
any idea?
thanks to all!

Hey there,

do you have a six-digit website ID? Happy to check that for you. Also, which page do you like to protect with a password?

Hi Andre, nice to meet you!
I dont have this ID where i can found inside my plesk server?

I protect a few pages, have private galleries, i put pass but when i publish theses pages show 404 in theses pages, you can see here:

in menú > [Acceso a amilias] any sub menu

how i can resolve?
thanks!

Hey Carlo,

could you go into the Website Editor and let me know the number in the URL, please? That would be the Website ID.

oh yes!
show this 387854
thanks

Hey @Carlobentivegna I have forwarded this to see if it is actually a Website Editor issue or something within the Plesk infrastructure. Let me get back to you as soon as I know more.

Thanks a lot!

Hey there,

Thanks for your patience.

Unfortunately, Password protection requires backend functionalities, but we are only publishing static files. Therefore, we don’t support password-protected pages on Plesk because we need our backend to check the passwords.

I would recommend getting in touch with the Plesk support to ask for this feature to be implemented and maybe a temporary workaround. :raised_hands:

OK thanks for your time, i ask this topic to Plesk
a greetings

1 Like