Number fields all show the same data for column in Collection Container

Hi all,

We are having an issue when displaying data from a collection. If a field is a number, all rows will only show the value of the first row for that column. Filters still apply and work, but the displayed data will only ever show the incorrect value in the container.

We’ve tried to reach directly out to Sitejet, but all we get in return is how excited they are for a new UI – but this client project is going completely off the rails and will cost our agency money if we can’t deliver a workaround. More worrying is the lack of support we’ve received.

Has anyone encountered this issue and been able to work around it? Is ecWid a potential option for this? Our trials with it have only noted extremely poor performance though, so we don’t want to move to a paid plan.

2 Likes

Hi! It looks like there is a bug in the Sitejet JS library that handles the Collections part.

I guess there are 2 ways to handle the issue:

1. Wait for Sitejet to release a fix
  2. Hacky way: Add an HTML element inside the Collection Item and add the following:
<div data-collection-bind='{"type":"text","field":"order"}'>3</div>

Where the field value matches your field key (in my case is “order”).

Here is a video (no sound), on how to do it:

The data-collection-bind attribute is the one that is making the connection with the Collection field.
I don’t know exaclty where you are using the number.

Hope this helps!

Thank you @Lucian_Dinu ! That worked.

Out of curiosity have you had issues with the filters working? We are also trying to create filters for greater than and less than operators with this same field and it ignores it.

Hi! Indeed, that is another issue (bug) with the Number field in Collections.

So, the issues are:

1. You can’t display the value of a Number field in the frontend
  2. You can’t filter a Collection based on a Number field (basically the field is ignored) using the “URL filters” or the API

@Andre Maybe someone from Sitejet could take a look at this.

1 Like