Menu not activating on collections page

I have several sites that have this bug. When you go to a collection item page, the hamburger menu does not open. It looks like it works on the site preview, but on the actual published site, it doesn’t open. Reached out to support and they said they were working on it, and said to add another collection container as a temporary workaround. I can’t get that to work. Is anybody else having this issue or finding a workaround?

You can see what I’m talking about on carefreeadventures.com/blog. Click the blog post and try to use the menu.

We have received your mails about this and will help you with this case via mail. If this issue is resolved, we are happy to post the solution also here.

This might be a bug and we have forwarded this to the developers to test and resolve.

1 Like

Thanks @Andre . I know you guys are working on it! Was just trying to see if anyone else had a workaround in the meantime :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey there,

our developers were not able to reproduce this issue. Since the collection seems to have been removed on the website, we are closing this issue for now.

Thank you.