Issues with collection items - assignment of content and properties

Hi!
I’ve worked these days on a project using the Collection feature and I’ve experienced some issues:

1. After adding an element inside a collection item and assigning the content to a collection property the builder doesn’t let me save it (the assign action is not registered as a change for the save icon to become active). This happens randomly.
  2. After I assign (inside a collection item, within a collection item layout) the content to a property, then save and reload the page. The class gets automatically assigned also with the same property.
    See the video (with audio) with the issue here: Video uploaded to CleanShot Cloud
  3. Once I bind the class to a collection property (the binding disappears from the list), changing anything from the property panel (like the width or height) doesn’t get applied in the editor. Video (with audio) with the issue here: Video uploaded to CleanShot Cloud

Project ID: 378845

Hi @Lucian_Dinu,

we will change the things you have mentioned.

1. you can create and assign the collection element straight away, so you don’t run into it.

2. we created a bug ticket for it and it will be fixed soon and as workaround, it should work when you do it the other way around. First assign the CSS class, then the content.

3. it should work when you do it the other way around. First assign the CSS class, then the content.

Hi! @Martin ,
Thanks for getting back to me.
I still think the collection property assignment is not working properly across the board.

1. Unassigning the collection property from the content gets recorded as an action (and the save icon becomes active) see here Video uploaded to CleanShot Cloud … however as I’ve mentioned before it doesn’t work the other way around.

2. Thanks for creating the bug ticket.

3. Even if I do what you’ve suggested… it still doesn’t work properly … after I reload the page … I don’t see the property that I’ve appended as a CSS class (I see the property assigned for content). See here: https://share.cleanshot.com/Lw6SBBGq

@Lucian_Dinu I have created bug tickets for it.

1 Like