How to integrate a common whatsapp call?

Hi everybody

I want to embed a normal Whats App call on my website. The link that Whats App generates is no good because it triggers a group call. It does not ring, but waits until the group call is joined. How is the called party supposed to know that they should also click on the group call link? Do you have any idea how to generate a normal WhatsApp voice call as a link? A call link that makes the called party’s phone ring. I have already submitted the question to WhatsApp support but it’s too difficult for the bot. It seriously suggests restarting the phone.

The Elfsight widget only has chats and no calls.

Thanks for helping

regards

Armin

I think this might be solved with a proper help center / live chat tool like Zendesk or Helpscout. Maybe there are specific tools only for WhatsApp as well… or slim versions of help center tools with focus on live engagement.

Maybe some user has made a nice experience with a particular tool?

1 Like

I would feel like publishin the answers of the official Whatsapp Support… But I dont because otherwise somebody could die with laughing…

I fear the worst :smiley:

1 Like

You’ve been right… Btw i’ts not possible by a simple link. But the almighty support bot was unable to tell me. My request to talk to a human being was answerd by sending more help articles having nothing to do with the problem.

I have heard rumors it might be possible for WhatsApp API clients…

Have you looked into this as well?

No, this I have postponed. Actually, the link opens a Whatsapp Chat. In the chat, the voice-and video call buttons are available. I have written a feature request to Whatsapp… hope never dies…