Help a newbie out with columns?

Hi everyone, I’m building my first twin websites since I crafted one in HTML back in 1999 so imagine how rusty I am! Sitejet has been a huge help but I’m grappling with blog columns.

Basically, I want to have three 16:9 pics in blog boxes on a desktop screen, two on an iPad and one on a phone but my attempts at “fix width” and percentages have seen horribly wonky results so far. Does anyone have any advice on how I manage this?
https://preview.sitehub.io/#essays

Also, I’m using Sitejet through cPanel and I’m never seeing an image editor toolbar to crop and edit my pics. What am I missing?

1 Like

Hi @scottdagostino, welcome to the Sitejet Website Builder.

Did you try to use the column preset? With the column preset you can set how many columns are displayed on each viewport. You can switch the viewports in the top bar and then changing the displayed columns.

Ah, thanks. I thought the column settings were global but they can be set for each view? That makes sense. The problem I’m having is that all the documentation help I’m seeing on website and YouTubes is presented by Plesk while I’m using cPanel which is…to be diplomatic…not Plesk :smiley:

Hey Scott,

the features IN the Website Builder are nearly identical for cPanel and Plesk, so dont worry :slight_smile:

Regarding the responsiveness, there is a small trick that you might want to us. Presets and settings can actually be adjusted for each viewport mostly. You could also decide if you like a certain preset to only appear on desktop and even rebuild it completely for mobile.

This can be quite handy if you need to present some content differently. But usually, the columns are responsive.

If you are still struggling, let us know the website ID in the URL and the location, so we can have a quick look for you.

Thanks, Andre! Much appreciated.

It’s the “nearly identical” that’s tripping me up on the learning curve. My screen looks like this

But my biggest issue is that I’m not getting the ability to just drag and move elements around and there is no image editor. Is it a VPN thing? I don’t get it. The interface has frozen many times, not allowing me to save work. I can’t tell how much of it is me being a beginner and how much is something actually wrong with the program.