Google Image Search does not return results

Hi community!

My customer Robert Fodor (robertfodor.de) has already set up the Google Search Console incl. sitemap for his site 2.5 weeks ago.
In the meantime, the website is found well via Google, but the Google Image Search does not return any results.
I have added ALT text to all the images (background images!), but the image search still returns nothing.
What is the reason for this? What can I do?

Thanks a lot for help!

1 Like

Probably a matter of Google algorithm? I think it’s just taking a little longer.

Thanks! Any idea how long it can take? Weeks?

Puh, sorry! No idea or experience.

You need to make sure, first of all, that the images were original. Make sure you are not using stock images.
You mention that Google doesn’t find “background images” - that’s true.
The fact is that Google usually considers background images not as useful content but as part of the site design (decorative elements).
Therefore (depending on how it is done technically), it will most likely not show background images in the search.
But you wrote that you registered Alt for images, which no longer applies to background images.
Check how you have implemented pictures on the site technically (in terms of SEO). They should be part of the content of the page, and the page should rank more or less highly for some keywords. Then the images (under certain conditions) will appear in the image search.

2 Likes