GA4 - Problem with Google Analytics integration

Problem with Google Analytics integration, I get this error message “Invalid or missing web property ID” by the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension.

Hi!
Did you added your Google Analytics Tracking ID in the Website settings → Seo/Meta → Google Analytics Tracking ID ?

Does your Google Analytics account receive data? (it should take 1-2 days for the data to show up in your account).

If everything above works then maybe it is an issue with the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi! From what I have seen, if you are using GA4, you need to add your own snippet in the Meta tags field instead of specifying the Google Analytics Tracking ID.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hi @Lucian_Dinu, thank you for your reply.

I don’t think it is an issue with the Google Tag Assistant Chrome Extension.
I ended up using Google Tag Manager integration, and the Google Tag Assistant Chrome Extension shows a working installation.

So the only explanation is that GA4 is not supported yet. But it should be the case by the starting of 2023.

@Andre Do you confirm that the GA4 is not supported yet?

Yes, the new GA4 is not yet supported. However, this is on our roadmap and will hopefully be implemented soon.

1 Like

Hi @Lucian_Dinu please could you provide an example snippet to embed GA4 measurement ID? and is this the meta tags field on the website settings page? Thanks so much

1 Like

Hello… you need to add your GA4 snippet in the Website settings → Seo/Meta → Meta tags (area).
Here is an example:

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Is GA4 available now?

Hey @mughal - Lucian gave a good workaround. No direct implementation via a field is planned at the moment.

Hey everybody, with the newest release, you are able to add the new GA4 code directly in the respective field:

1 Like