Element overlay pushing web content left when triggered - Works in preview but not on site

Hi there!

I’m trying to implement an overlay which appears when you click a button. I followed this article and got the overlay to work however, when I click the link the overlay is connected to the web content behind it gets aligned to the left.

This only seems to happen when the window is a specific size, specifically when I’m viewing it from the ‘open preview site’ option. It works as it should in the in-builder preview. For reference, I’m working on a 27 inch iMac with 5K display. When I click ‘open preview site’, the overlay seems to work until I resize the window any size past about 2/3rds the size of my screen.

I checked all the alignment of the containers on my page, and even created a new page to test it out, but no matter what it always gets pushed to the left when the overlay is engaged. Once I click out of it the website snaps back to its center alignment- any ideas?

(Overlay pushing content left in full screen on browser mode)

Thanks in advance!
~Peach

Hey @Peachenelle,

we published a fix for an issue with overlays today. Could you please make a change to the website, save it, and publish it again (if it’s already published) and check if this fixed it?

If it did: Great news! :raised_hands:

If it didn’t: Can you please share the six-digit website ID that you will find at the end of the URL when you are working on your website?

1 Like

Thank you, I can confirm the overlays are working correctly now! Perfect timing :tada: