Disable/modify spacer in smartphone screen

Hi All :+1:

I have been looking everwhere for an option which I have in my old software but can’t find the smae sort of option in Sitejet. I have a spacer that is used in a container, when viewing the site on a PC everthing is spot-on but when I come to view the site on a mobile the spacer needs to be reduced but I can;t do while in smartphone view. it has the knock on effect with the other screen sizes. Is there a workaround that I can use - or some documentationI can read up on? or better still have the option to freeze the spacer on every screen resolution?

thanks & regards for your help on this.

Hey Martin,

You are able to directly switch between different viewports in the website builder.

Then, if you make a change to a container and those changes are possible to only be adjusted for the viewport, the value will be shown as yellow. This way, you can also “hide” elements for certain viewports.

Let me know if that helps!

Hi Andre,
and many thanks for getting back to me! - I did do that on the mobile viewpoint but when I came to preview the site on my desktop viewpoint it had also changed the size of the spacer on that page. It seems that the spacer is somehow linked to all viewpoints? (When I say to all viewpoints, it only seems to be on mobile devices/viewpoints)

Hey Martin,

The spacer is an element which high can be adjusted for each viewport. How’s about you let me know the website ID and send me a screenshot here which spacer you mean.

Please set the spacer to default so that it looks good on desktop. I will have a look for you just to be sure. :slight_smile:

Hi Andre,

Just closed the site and re-opened it and the page I was working on has fell into place so I could be looking at a browser cache problem, would you agree that could be the issue?

Hey Martin,

Yes, that is usually the case with the preview sites especially. The browsers nowadays use that a lot as well. Happy that this seem to be solved now.

It seems so! :smile: just one more question - So every viewpoint is independent from each other? eg. text size, photo size ect…?

On the contrary, they are all connected but you can make them independent when you change the settings.

Each element is made responsive, but once you change something in desktop e.g. it could mean that it only works in one viewport or in desktop and tablet, but not in mobile view because of the limited space.

Example: Let’s say you add a banner right after the header in desktop and give it an absolute height, then that might look terrible in other viewports especially in mobile. The same other way around where you might want to re-align some elements for mobile but keep them differently in desktop view.

Also, some presets you might not want to have on one viewport. Those you are able to easily hide from the others.

Hi Andre - I have sent you a pm.

thanks & regards
Martin