[CW 35.2021] Please welcome US-based hosting to Sitejet

Guuuuuuys, it’s finally here! :raised_hands:

As of today, Sitejet offers US-based hosting :us:

What does that mean? :thinking:
Well, I’m glad you asked! It means that website visitors from North and South America, as well as Australia, will now be connected to our US servers.

What do I need to do to use the US-based servers? :star_struck:

• Nothing: IF your domains are hosted with Sitejet because we already took care of them. They are already set up to point to our US servers.
  • Change your DNS settings: IF your domains are hosted with a third-party provider, please make sure to add this CNAME entry:

…otherwise, it will keep on connecting to our EU-based servers, and who would want that? :wink:
  • Be patient: It is possible that the page load is a bit slow when you visit your website immediately after making changes, buuuut after that everything should be up and running in no time! :zap: (btw. this is also important if you are e.g. testing the PageSpeed - give it a second try if it doesn’t load fast enough #thankyou)

Alrighty, that’s about it for our US hosting announcement :smiley: Make sure to adjust your DNS settings if your domains are hosted externally to fully enjoy our latest update! :muscle:

Thanks for reading! And as always, feel free to reach out if you have any questions :slight_smile:

Have a wonderful Friday and a lovely weekend #TGIF
The Sitejet Team

6 Likes

Hi @Franzi what about Dubai servers?

:partying_face: :us: excellent!

2 Likes

Great news! Thank you!

2 Likes

How about ASIA server?

I’m based in Indonesia, which server is perform best?

1 Like

Hey there,

I will forward this to our IT to see what would be the next regions to set up another infrastructure.

1 Like

Hey @jeremy_tanuardy - changing your DNS settings (if not already set up like this) to the described above should work best.

By the way - If you like, vote this up: Server location: Central Asia

Thanks Andre, Singapore is the best.

1 Like

@Andre add Dubai servers to cover Asia Region will be best.

You said, “website visitors from North and South America, as well as Australia, will now be connected to our US servers.” That’s not clear. It sounds like you’re saying that if the server detects the visitor’s location as North America, South America or Australia, then it will point them to a US server. Is that what you’re saying? If so, this is not a sufficient fix. Most of us who asked for US-based hosting were asking for the website itself to be hosted on US servers regardless of the visitor’s physical location. My question is, will the entire website be actually hosted on US servers–including all page files, image files, form submissions, scripts, everything? Some of us have clients who are highly regulated and who require true US-based hosting. Please clarify the details of this post because it’s not clear. Thank you.

1 Like

I hope they are hosted in the U.S., that is what I understood this to be. I also wonder, shouldn’t the CDN detect where the person is web surfing from, and use that server? Our websites should be stored on servers around the world, waiting to be served up to the nearest web surfer. Is this how it is working? If not, this is how it needs to work, this is a true CDN as I understand it.

1 Like

SHouldn’t a cdn store our websites on every server, and use the one closest to the web surfer for maximum speed? I want U.S. people to use U.S. servers, europe people to use Europe servers. This what I understand a CDN to be. Hopefully this is what you guys have installed. Great to have servers in U.S. can you clarify CDN?

1 Like

Hi! I’m not affiliated with Sitjet, or part of the Sitejet Team (so in other words, this is not an official statement).
I just hope that I can give all of you an answer to make it more clear.

I think that adding new locations in a distributed network is to minimize latency and serve the content faster (for better UX) to visitors from different locations.

In other words, when a website visitor from North and South America as well as Australia visits your published website, they will receive the content from the closest server location = US, otherwise from the EU.
In case of the media files (managed through Media Manager) these will be also served from the closest source in the CDN (Content delivery network)

So, … right now, Sitejet has:

1. The CDN for Assets (media files managed through Media Manager) - served thought a Global CDN
  2. Sitejet Server Locations - EU, US

@James_Dennewitz I hope this answers your question.

@M_O11 I think that what you are describing is a specific case, that requires specific measures.
In general, I think that using a SaaS Product (like Sitejet) is not a good fit when you need control over the Infrastructure.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Thank you - very well described @Lucian_Dinu .

1 Like

@Andre thanks for confirming that what @Lucian_Dinu described is accurate.

2 Likes