cPanel | Sitejet Builder file structure in domain folder after publishing

Good day,

According to the recommendations, I tried to make the first small website (5 pages) with sitejet from cpanel. I really enjoyed working with this product. I published this site and checked what is in the domain folder via ftp…

For example there is a website www.example.com and 2 pages page1 and page2. As I understand it, the structure should be like this:
…www.example.com; …www.example.com/page1.html and …www.example.com/page2.html

in the browser path I see: www.example.com; www.example.com/page1/ and www.example.com/page2/

In the server I see index.html in the main directory and subfolders Page1 and Page2 which also contain index.html for page1 and page2.
It seems strange to me… is it should be like that? Is it good for SEO?

Because as I understand it, in the browser path, I don’t see a file without name extension (page1.html), but only a folder /page1/ … ? Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Our website’s URLs use a format without the .html extension, for example, /page1/ instead of /page1.html. This is a deliberate choice and provides several benefits:

1. SEO Friendliness: Modern search engines like Google and Bing are perfectly capable of indexing pages without the .html extension. In fact, “clean” URLs without file extensions are often preferred as they are shorter and easier to read. They improve user experience and can lead to better SEO results.
  2. Flexibility: URLs without an extension are more flexible and future-proof. For instance, if we decide to change the technology used to generate the pages (from HTML to PHP, ASP, etc.), we wouldn’t need to change the URLs. The content remains accessible and existing links will continue to work.
  3. User-Friendliness: Shorter and more concise URLs are easier for users to remember and type in. This contributes to a better overall user experience.
  4. Server Configuration: Web servers can be configured to automatically point to directories even if no extension is specified. This allows for the integration of modern techniques and frameworks that often prefer “clean” URLs.

I hope this explanation addresses your concerns. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out!

1 Like

Thank you for the answer. Everything became clearer now :slight_smile:

1 Like